What Alphagan is and what it is used for
Alphagan is used to reduce pressure within the eye. It can be used either alone, when beta-blocker eye drops are contraindicated, or with another eye drop, when a single medicine is not enough to lower the increased pressure in the eye, in the treatment of open angle glaucoma or ocular hypertension. The active ingredient in Alphagan is brimonidine tartrate, which works by reducing pressure within the eyeball.
How to take Alphagan
Always use Alphagan exactly as your doctor has told you. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure. Adults The usual dose is one drop twice daily in the affected eye(s), approximately 12 hours apart. Children under 12 years Alphagan must not be used for infants below 2 years of age. Alphagan is not recommended for use in children (from 2 years until 12 years). Instructions for use Alphagan comes as eye drops. Always wash your hands before applying eye drops. Your prescription label tells you how many drops to use at each dose. If you use Alphagan with another eye drop, wait 5-15 minutes before applying the second eye drop. Apply your eye drops in the following way: 3 1. Tilt your head back and look at the ceiling. 2. Gently pull the lower eyelid down until there is a small pocket. 3. Squeeze the upturned dropper bottle to release a drop into your eye. 4. Whilst keeping the affected eye closed, press your finger against the corner of the closed eye (the side where the eye meets the nose) and hold for 1 minute. Avoid touching the dropper tip against your eye or anything else. Replace and tighten the cap straight after use. If you use more Alphagan than you should Adults In adults who were instilling more drops than prescribed, the side effects reported were those already known to occur with Alphagan. Adults who accidentally swallowed Alphagan experienced decrease in blood pressure, which in some patients was followed by the increase in blood pressure. Children Serious side effects were reported in children who accidentally swallowed Alphagan. Signs included sleepiness, floppiness, low body temperature, paleness and breathing difficulties. Should this happen, contact your doctor immediately. Adults and Children If Alphagan has been accidentally swallowed or if you have used more Alphagan than you should, please contact your doctor immediately. If you forget to use Alphagan If you forget to take a dose, apply it as soon as you remember. If, however, it is almost time for your next dose, you should omit the missed dose altogether and then follow your normal routine. If you stop using Alphagan To be effective Alphagan must be used every day. Do not stop using Alphagan until your doctor tells you to. If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, Alphagan can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. The chance of having a side effect is described by the following categories:
Very common Occurs in more than 1 out of 10 patients
Common Occurs in fewer than 1 out of 10 patients
Uncommon Occurs in fewer than 1 out of 100 patients
Rare Occurs in fewer than 1 out of 1,000 patients
Very rare Occurs in fewer than 1 out of 10,000 patients 4 The following eye side effects may be seen with Alphagan. Affecting the eye
• Irritation of the eye (eye redness, burning, stinging, a feeling of something in the eye, itching, follicles or white spots on the see-through layer which covers the surface of the eye)
• Blurred vision
• An allergic reaction in the eye
• Local irritation (inflammation and swelling of the eyelid, swelling of the see-through layer which covers the surface of the eye, sticky eyes, pain and tearing)
• Sensitivity to light
• Erosion on the surface of the eye and staining
• Eye dryness
• Whitening of the see-through layer which covers the surface of the eye
• Abnormal vision
• Inflammation of the see-through layer which covers the surface of the eye
• Inflammation within the eye
• Reduction in pupil size Side effects where the occurrence is unknown:
• Itching of eyelids Affecting the body
• Dry mouth
• Cold-like symptoms
• Symptoms involving the stomach and digestion
• Abnormal taste
• General weakness
• Palpitations or changes in heart rate
• Dry nose
• General allergic reactions
• Shortness of breath
• High blood pressure
• Low blood pressure 5 Side effects where the occurrence is unknown:
• Skin reactions including redness, face swelling, itching, rash and widening of blood vessels
How to Store Alphagan
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
• Do not store above 25°C.
• Do not use the bottle if the tamper-proof seal on the bottle is broken before first use.
• Do not use Alphagan after the expiry date which is stated on the bottle label and the carton after EXP:. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
• Throw the bottle away 28 days after opening, even if there is solution remaining. Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantee
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
Your Trusted Pharmacy Referral Service
Medix Pharmacy is an international pharmacy referral service. With a network of licensed pharmacy partners in Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, we are able to help you lower the costs of your medications.
Our pharmacy partners are all thoroughly vetted and qualified to ensure that the medication you receive is cost effective, safe and effective. Because we only work with licensed pharmacies, you can rest assured that your medication is safe, effective, and genuine.
- Free standard delivery to your door, to any international address
- Option to add Tracked Deliveries
- Handy reminders to re-order so you do not run out
- Professional & Knowledgeable Customer Services Team
- Save time, with no need for repeated trips to your physician or local drugstore
With a dedicated customer service team, free standard shipping, and a record of providing significant saving for our customers, we believe that you do not need to compromise quality or safety in your search for value.