Brand Name Choices
What Amaryl is and what it is used for
Glimepiride is an orally active blood sugar lowering drug. This drug belongs to a blood sugar lowering group of medicines called sulfonylureas. Glimepiride works by increasing the amount of insulin released from your pancreas. The insulin then lowers your blood sugar levels. What Glimepiride Tablets is used for: Gliempiride Tablets is used to treat a certain form of diabetes (type 2 diabetes mellitus) when diet, physical exercise and weight reduction alone have not been able to control your blood sugar levels.
How to take Amaryl
Always take this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure Taking this medicine
• Take this medicine by mouth just before or with the first main meal of the day (usually breakfast). If you do not have breakfast you should take the product on schedule as prescribed by your doctor. It is important not to leave out any meal when you are on Glimepiride Tablets
• Swallow the tablets whole with at least half glass of water. Do not crush or chew the tablets How much to take The dose of Glimepiride Tablets depends on your needs, condition and results of blood and urine sugar tests and is determined by your doctor. Do not take more tablets than your doctor has prescribed.
• The usual starting dose is one Glimepiride 1 mg tablet once a day.
• If necessary, your doctor may increase the dose after each 1
•2 weeks of treatment.
• The maximum recommended dose is 6 mg Glimepiride tablet per day.
• A combination therapy of glimepiride plus metformin or of glimepiride plus insulin may be started . In such a case your doctor will determine the proper doses of glimepiride, metformin or insulin individually for you
• Your dose of Glimepiride tablets may need to be adjusted if you change weight, change your lifestyle, or if you are under a lot of stress. Please speak to your doctor if any of these situations apply to you.
• If you feel the effect of your medicine is too weak or too strong do not change the dose yourself, but ask your doctor If you take more Glimepiride Tablets than you should If you happen to have taken too much Glimepiride Tablets or an additional dose there is a danger of hypoglycaemia and therefore you should instantly consume enough sugar (e.g. a small bar of sugar cubes, sweet juice, sweetened tea) and inform a doctor immediately. When treating hypoglycaemia due to accidental intake in children, the quantity of sugar given must be carefully controlled to avoid the possibility of producing dangerous hyperglycaemia. Persons in a state of unconsciousness must not be given food or drink. Since the state of hypoglycaemia may last for some time it is very important that the patient is carefully monitored until there is no more danger. Admission into hospital may be necessary, also as a measure of precaution. Show the doctor the package or remaining tablets, so the doctor knows what has been taken. Severe cases of hypoglycaemia accompanied by loss of consciousness and coma are cases of medical emergency requiring immediate medical treatment and admission into hospital. It may be helpful to tell your family & friends to call a doctor immediately if this happens to you. If you forget to take Glimepiride Tablets If you forget to take a dose, do not take a double dose to make up for forgotten doses. If you stop taking Glimepiride Tablets If you interrupt or stop the treatment you should be aware that the desired blood sugar lowering effect is not achieved or that the disease will get worse again. Keep taking Glimepiride Tablets until your doctor tells you to stop. If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist or nurse.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Tell your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following symptoms :
• Allergic reactions (including inflammation of blood vessels, often with skin rash) which may develop into serious reactions with difficulty in breathing, fall in blood pressure and sometimes progressing to shock
• Abnormal liver function including yellowing of the skin and eyes (jaundice), problems with the bile flow (cholestasis), inflammation of the liver (hepatitis) or liver failure
• Allergy (hypersensitivity) of the skin such as itching, rash, hives and increased sensitivity to sun. Some mild allergic reactions may develop into serious reactions
• Severe hypoglycaemia including loss of consciousness, seizures or coma Other possible side effects with Glimepiride Tablets:
Rare side effects (may affect up to 1 in 1000 people)
• Lower blood sugar than normal (hypoglycaemia) (See Section 2)
• Decrease in the number of blood cells: Blood platelets (which increases risk of bleeding or bruising) White blood cells (which makes infections more likely) Red blood cells (which can make the skin pale and cause weakness or breathlessness) These problems generally get better after you stop taking Glimepiride tablets
Very rare side effects (may affect up to 1 in 10,000 people):
• Allergic reactions (including inflammation of blood vessels, often with skin rash) which may develop into serious reactions with difficulty in breathing, fall in blood pressure and sometimes progressing to shock. If you experience any of these symptoms, tell your doctor immediately.
• Abnormal liver function including yellowing of the skin and eyes (jaundice), impairment of the bile flow (cholestasis), inflammation of the liver (hepatitis) or liver failure. If you experience any of these symptoms , tell your doctor immediately.
• Feeling or being sick, diarrhoea, feeling full or bloated, and abdominal pain
• Decrease in the amount of sodium level in your blood (shown by blood tests)
Not known (frequency cannot be estimated from the available data)
• Allergy (hypersensitivity) of the skin may occur such as itching, rash, hives and increased sensitivity to sun. Some mild allergic reactions may develop into serious reactions with swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of your lips, throat or tongue. Therefore in the event of one of these side effects, tell your doctor immediately.
• Allergic reactions with sulfonylureas, sulfonamides, or related drugs may occur
• Problems with your sight may occur when beginning treatment with Glimepiride Tablets. This is due to changes in blood sugar levels and should soon improve
• Increased liver enzymes
• Severe unusual bleeding or bruising under the skin
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine. For UK
•You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard For Ireland
•You can also report side effects directly via IMB Pharmacovigilance, Earlsfort Terrace, IRL
•Dublin 2; Tel: +353 1 6764971 Fax: +353 1 6762517 Website: www.imb.ie e-mail: [email protected]
How to Store Amaryl
• Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children
• This medicinal product does not require any special temperature storage condition. Store in the original package in order to protect from moisture. Keep the blister in the outer carton.
• Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the carton (EXP). The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
• Do not use this medicine if you notice visible signs of deterioration.
• Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment.
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantee
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
Your Trusted Pharmacy Referral Service
Medix Pharmacy is an international pharmacy referral service. With a network of licensed pharmacy partners in Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, we are able to help you lower the costs of your medications.
Our pharmacy partners are all thoroughly vetted and qualified to ensure that the medication you receive is cost effective, safe and effective. Because we only work with licensed pharmacies, you can rest assured that your medication is safe, effective, and genuine.
- Free standard delivery to your door, to any international address
- Option to add Tracked Deliveries
- Handy reminders to re-order so you do not run out
- Professional & Knowledgeable Customer Services Team
- Save time, with no need for repeated trips to your physician or local drugstore
With a dedicated customer service team, free standard shipping, and a record of providing significant saving for our customers, we believe that you do not need to compromise quality or safety in your search for value.