Brand Name Choices
No generic medication is available for Anquil (Benperidol)
What Anquil is and what it is used for
Anquil tablets contain the active ingredient benperidol which belongs to a group of medicines called antipsychotics. Anquil tablets are used to treat anti-social sexual behaviour which may cause offence to others.
How to take Anquil
Always take Anquil exactly as your doctor has told you. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure. Your doctor will tell you how many tablets to take and for how long you should take them. Swallow the tablets with some water. You can take them with or without food. Adults: The dose will vary from person to person and your doctor will adjust the number of tablets to suit you. This will be between one and six tablets per day. It is very important that you take the correct amount. Elderly/Adolescents/Frail persons: Young adults, the elderly or frail persons may require a lower dose. Your doctor will tell you how many tablets to take if this applies to you. Children: Anquil tablets are not recommended for use in children. Important – it may take some time before you feel the full effect of the tablets but it is important that you carry on taking them for as long as your doctor has told you to. If you forget to take Anquil If you forget to take your tablets, take your next dose the next day at the usual time and continue taking the tablets according to your doctor’s instructions. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose. If in doubt about what you should do, please contact your doctor. If you take more Anquil than you should If you take more tablets than you were told to, contact your doctor straight away or contact the nearest hospital accident and emergency department immediately. Take this leaflet and the pack of Anquil along with you, if you can. If you stop taking Anquil If you stop taking Anquil, you should do so gradually, especially if you have been taking a high dose, unless your doctor has told you otherwise. Stopping treatment suddenly may cause effects such as feeling sick, vomiting or sleeplessness. Always follow your doctor’s instructions carefully. If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, Anquil tablets can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Stop taking Anquil and tell your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following
• Sweating and an increased heart rate as it may lead to fever, muscle stiffness, faster breathing and reduced consciousness.
• Swelling, pain and redness, especially of the leg which may indicate blood clots in the veins. Blood clots can travel through blood vessels to the lungs, causing chest pain and difficulty in breathing.
• Abnormal tongue movements as it may lead to additional movement problems such as twitching, muscle stiffness, muscle spasms, throat spasms, a slowing of movements, trembling and restlessness.
• Twitching or abnormal movements of the face, mouth, jaw or throat, or rolling of the eyes may also occur.
• Convulsions (fits)
• Jaundice (yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes)
• Fever You may experience any of these symptoms while you are taking Anquil or when you stop taking the tablets. In some patients, these symptoms may be permanent. Some people may experience the following side effects:
• feelings of confusion
• tiredness, sleepiness or reduced alertness
• difficulty in sleeping
• excitement and agitation Occasionally, the following side effects may occur:
• loss of appetite
• feeling sick, vomiting, constipation or indigestion
• a slight fall in blood pressure causing you to feel lightheaded (particularly in the elderly)
• a slight increase in the speed of your heartbeat
• women may suffer from inappropriate milk secretion, an absence of their monthly period or changes in the regularity of their periods
• men may experience some swelling of the breasts
Rare or very rare side effects are:
• weight change
• skin rashes, itching or swelling
• allergic skin reactions
• increased salivation
• mouth ulcer
• infections In elderly people with dementia, a small increase in the number of deaths has been reported for patients taking antipsychotics compared with those not receiving antipsychotics. If any of these side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor.
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme. Website: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
How to Store Anquil
Keep out of the sight and reach of children. Store below 25°C. Keep in the original pack in order to protect from light. Do not use the tablets after the expiry date which is stated on the carton after ‘Expiry:’ The expiry date refers to the last day of that month. Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantee
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
Your Trusted Pharmacy Referral Service
Medix Pharmacy is an international pharmacy referral service. With a network of licensed pharmacy partners in Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, we are able to help you lower the costs of your medications.
Our pharmacy partners are all thoroughly vetted and qualified to ensure that the medication you receive is cost effective, safe and effective. Because we only work with licensed pharmacies, you can rest assured that your medication is safe, effective, and genuine.
- Free standard delivery to your door, to any international address
- Option to add Tracked Deliveries
- Handy reminders to re-order so you do not run out
- Professional & Knowledgeable Customer Services Team
- Save time, with no need for repeated trips to your physician or local drugstore
With a dedicated customer service team, free standard shipping, and a record of providing significant saving for our customers, we believe that you do not need to compromise quality or safety in your search for value.