(Donepezil Hydrochloride ODT)
Brand Name Choices
What Aricept ODT is and what it is used for
ARICEPT EVESS contains the active substance donepezil hydrochloride. ARICEPT EVESS (donepezil hydrochloride) belongs to a group of medicines called acetylcholinesterase inhibitors. Donepezil increases the levels of a substance (acetylcholine) in the brain involved in memory function by slowing down the breakdown of acetylcholine. It is used to treat the symptoms of dementia in people diagnosed as having mild and moderately severe Alzheimer’s disease. The symptoms include increasing memory loss, confusion and behavioural changes. As a result, sufferers of Alzheimer’s disease find it more and more difficult to carry out their normal daily activities
How to take Aricept ODT
How much ARICEPT EVESS should you take Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure. Initially, the recommended dose is 5 mg (one white tablet) every night before you go to bed. After one month, your doctor may tell you to take 10 mg (one yellow tablet) every night before you go to bed. The tablet strength you will take may change depending on the length of time you have been taking the medicine and on what your doctor recommends. The maximum recommended dose is 10 mg each night. Always follow your doctor or pharmacist’s advice about how and when to take your medicine. Do not alter the dose yourself without your doctor’s advice. How to take your medicine The tablet should be placed on your tongue and allowed to disintegrate before swallowing, with or without water, according to your preference. Use in Children and adolescents ARICEPT EVESS is not recommended for use in children and adolescents (younger than 18 years of age). If you take more ARICEPT EVESS than you should Contact your doctor or the nearest hospital emergency department immediately if you take more of the medicine than you should. Take this leaflet and any remaining tablets with you. Overdose symptoms may include nausea (feeling sick) and vomiting (being sick), drooling, sweating, slow heart rate, low blood pressure (light-headedness or dizziness when standing), breathing problems, losing consciousness and seizures (fits) or convulsions. If you forget to take ARICEPT EVESS If you forget to take your medicine, take the next dose at the usual time. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten tablet. If you forget to take your medicine for more than one week, call your doctor before taking any more medicine. If you stop taking ARICEPT EVESS Do not stop taking the tablets unless told to do so by your doctor. If you stop taking ARICEPT EVESS, the benefits of your treatment will gradually fade away. If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist. For how long should you take ARICEPT EVESS Your doctor or pharmacist will advise you on how long you should continue to take your tablets. You will need to see your doctor from time to time to review your treatment and assess your symptoms.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. 4
The following side effects have been reported by people taking ARICEPT EVESS. Tell your doctor if you have any of these effects while you are taking ARICEPT EVESS. Serious side effects: You must tell your doctor immediately if you notice these serious side effects mentioned. You may need urgent medical treatment.
• liver damage e.g. hepatitis. The symptoms of hepatitis are nausea (feeling sick) or vomiting (being sick), loss of appetite, feeling generally unwell, fever, itching, yellowing of the skin and eyes, and dark coloured urine (may affect up to 1 in 1,000 people)
• stomach or duodenal ulcers. The symptoms of ulcers are stomach pain and discomfort (indigestion) felt between the navel and the breast bone (may affect up to 1 in 100 people)
• bleeding in the stomach or intestines. This may cause you to pass black tar like stools or visible blood from the rectum (may affect up to 1 in 100 people)
• seizures (fits) or convulsions (may affect up to 1 in 100 people)
• fever with muscle stiffness, sweating or a lowered level of consciousness (a disorder called “Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome”) (may affect up to 1 in 10,000 people)
• muscle weakness, tenderness or pain and particularly, if at the same time, you feel unwell, have a high temperature or have dark urine. They may be caused by an abnormal muscle breakdown which can be life threatening and lead to kidney problems (a condition called rhabdomyolysis) (may affect up to 1 in 10,000 people)
Other side effects
Very common side effects (may affect more than 1 in 10 people):
Common side effects (may affect up to 1 in 10 people):
• muscle cramp
• difficulty in sleeping (insomnia)
• the common cold
• hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that are not really there)
• unusual dreams including nightmares
• aggressive behaviour
• stomach feeling uncomfortable
• passing urine uncontrollably
• accidents (patients may be more prone to falls and accidental injury)
Uncommon side effects (may affect up to 1 in 100 people):
• slow heart beat
• salivary hypersecretion
Rare side effects (may affect up to 1 in 1000 people): 5
• stiffness, shaking or uncontrollable movement especially of the face and tongue but also of the limbs
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard or search for MHRA Yellow Card in the Google Play or Apple App Store. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine
How to Store Aricept ODT
ingredients Dipyridamole and Aspirin when taken on
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantee
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
Your Trusted Pharmacy Referral Service
Medix Pharmacy is an international pharmacy referral service. With a network of licensed pharmacy partners in Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, we are able to help you lower the costs of your medications.
Our pharmacy partners are all thoroughly vetted and qualified to ensure that the medication you receive is cost effective, safe and effective. Because we only work with licensed pharmacies, you can rest assured that your medication is safe, effective, and genuine.
- Free standard delivery to your door, to any international address
- Option to add Tracked Deliveries
- Handy reminders to re-order so you do not run out
- Professional & Knowledgeable Customer Services Team
- Save time, with no need for repeated trips to your physician or local drugstore
With a dedicated customer service team, free standard shipping, and a record of providing significant saving for our customers, we believe that you do not need to compromise quality or safety in your search for value.