Brand Name Choices
What Arimidex is and what it is used for
Anastrozole belongs to a group of medicines called aromatase inhibitors. Anastrozole is used to treat breast cancer in women who have gone through the menopause.Anastrozole works by cutting down the amount of the hormone called estrogen that your body makes. It does this by blocking a natural substance (an enzyme) in your body called ‘aromatase’
How to take Arimidex
Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. You
should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
• Try totakeyour tabletat thesametimeeach day.
• Swallow thetablet whole with adrinkof water.
• Itdoes not matter if youtake Anastrozole1 mgbefore, with or after food.Keeptaking Anastrozole1 mgforas longas yourdoctor tells you to. It is a long-term treatment and you may need to take it for several years. Use in children Anastrozole 1 mg should not be given to children and adolescents. If you take more Anastrozole 1 mg than you should If you take more Anastrozole than you should, talk to a doctor straight away. If you forget to take Anastrozole 1 mg If you forget to take a dose, just take your next dose as normal. Do not take a double dose (two doses at the same time) to make up for a forgotten dose. If you stop taking Anastrozole 1 mg Do not stop taking your tablets unless your doctor tells you to. If you haveany furtherquestionson theuseof this medicine,ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although
not everybody gets them.
Very common side effects (affect more than 1 in 10 people) Headache
• hot flushes
• skin rash
•pain or stiffness in your joints
• inflammation of thejoints (arthritis)
• feeling weak
Common side effects (affect 1 to 10 people in 100) Lossofappetite
• raisedor high levelsofafatty substanceknown as cholesterol in your blood. This would be seen in a blood test.
•Carpal tunnel syndrome(tingling,pain, coldness, weakness in partsof the hand)
• changes in bloodtests that show how well your liver is working
• thinningof your hair (hair loss)
•allergic (hypersensitivity) reactions includingface, lips,or tongue
•bleedingfrom thevagina(usually in the first few weeks of treatment – if the bleeding continues, talk to your doctor)
Uncommon side effects (affect 1 to 10 people in 1,000) Changes in special blood tests that show how your liver is working (gamma-GTandbilirubin)
• inflammation of theliver (hepatitis)
• hivesor nettlerash
• trigger finger (acondition in which your finger or thumb catches in a bent position)
Rare side effects (affect 1 to 10 people in 10,000)
Rare inflammation of your skin that may include red patches or blisters
• skin rash causedby hypersensitivity (this can befrom allergicoranaphylactoidreaction)
• inflammation of thesmall blood vessels causing red or purple colouring of the skin. Very rarely symptoms of joint, stomach, and kidney pain may occur; this is known as ‘Henoch-Schönlein purpura’
Very rare side effects (affect less than 1 person in 10,000 people) An extremely severe skin reaction with ulcers or blisters on the skin.This isknown as‘Stevens-Johnson syndrome’
•allergic (hypersensitivity) reactions with swelling of the throat that may cause difficulty in swallowing or breathing. This is known as ‘angioedema’. If any of these happen to you, call an ambulance or see a doctor straight away – you may need urgent medical treatment. Effects on your bones Anastrozole lowers the amount of the hormone called estrogen that is in your body. This may lower the mineral content of your bones. Your bones may be less strong and may be more likely to fracture. Your doctor will manage these risks according to treatment guidelines for managing bone health in women who have gone through the menopause. You should talk to your doctor about the risks and treatment options. If any of the side effects get serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
How to Store Arimidex
Keepthis medicineoutof thesightandreach of children. Keep your tablets in a safe place where children cannot see or reach them. Your tablets could harm them. This medicinalproductdoes not requireany special storage conditions. Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the packaging after ‘EXP’. The first two digits indicate the month and the last four digits indicate the year. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month. Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantee
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
Your Trusted Pharmacy Referral Service
Medix Pharmacy is an international pharmacy referral service. With a network of licensed pharmacy partners in Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, we are able to help you lower the costs of your medications.
Our pharmacy partners are all thoroughly vetted and qualified to ensure that the medication you receive is cost effective, safe and effective. Because we only work with licensed pharmacies, you can rest assured that your medication is safe, effective, and genuine.
- Free standard delivery to your door, to any international address
- Option to add Tracked Deliveries
- Handy reminders to re-order so you do not run out
- Professional & Knowledgeable Customer Services Team
- Save time, with no need for repeated trips to your physician or local drugstore
With a dedicated customer service team, free standard shipping, and a record of providing significant saving for our customers, we believe that you do not need to compromise quality or safety in your search for value.