Atrovent Nasal Spray
Brand Name Choices
What Atrovent Nasal Spray is and what it is used for
The name of your medicine is RINATEC 21 micrograms per metered dose Nasal Spray solution (called RINATEC in this leaflet). It is a solution that you spray into your nose. RINATEC contains a medicine called ipratropium bromide. This belongs to a group of medicines called ‘anticholinergics’. It is used to help stop a runny nose caused by Rhinitis. Rhinitis is an inflammation of the nose which could be because of an allergy (such as hay fever) or other reasons.
How to take Atrovent Nasal Spray
Always use RINATEC as your doctor has told you. You
should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you
are not sure.
How many sprays
• Two sprays in each nostril
• Two to three times each day Children under 12 years of age RINATEC is not recommended for children under 12 years Using this medicine Remove the cap 2. 3. Blow your nose to clear your nostrils, if necessary. 4. 5. Repeat step 4 in the other nostril 6. Replace the cap 7.
• If the bottle tip becomes clogged, remove cap. Hold the bottle tip under warm running water for about a minute
• Dry the bottle tip, reprime the pump and replace the cap If any of the spray accidentally gets into your eyes, wash it out with cold tap water for several minutes. You may get painful, stinging or red eyes, dilated pupils, blurred vision, see colours or lights. If this happens, talk to your doctor for advice. If affected, do not drive or use any tools or machines. If you get problems with your eyes at any other time, talk to your doctor for advice
• The nasal spray pump must be primed before RINATEC is used for the first time
• To prime the pump, hold the bottle with your thumb at the base and your first and middle fingers on the white shoulder area. Point the bottle upright and away from your eyes. Press your thumb firmly and quickly against the bottle seven times. The pump is now primed and ready to use.
• If it has been more than 24 hours since you used your spray, you will need to prime the pump again before using it. Reprime the pump as before, but this time you will only need to pump the bottle twice
• If you have not used your spray for more than seven days you will need to reprime the pump using the normal seven sprays 439235/GB/1
• Close one nostril by gently placing your finger against the side of your nose
• Tilt your head slightly forward and, keeping the bottle upright, insert the bottle tip into the other nostril. Point the tip toward the back and outer side of your nose
• Press firmly and quickly upwards with the thumb at the base while holding the white shoulder area between your first and middle fingers
• Following each spray, sniff deeply and breathe out through your mouth. After you have finished spraying, remove the bottle and tilt your head backwards for a few seconds to let the spray spread over the back of the nose
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, RINATEC can cause side effects,
although not everybody gets them. The following side
effects may happen with this medicine:
Stop taking and see a doctor straight away, if you
notice any of the following serious side effects
•you may need urgent medical treatment.
• Allergic reactions – the signs may include itching or nettle rash (affects less than 1 in 1000 people). In severe cases the signs include swelling of your mouth and face, skin rash, sudden difficulties in breathing and reduction of your blood pressure. Tightening of your throat (affects less than 1 in 100 people)
• Increased heart rate, irregular heart rhythm such as atrial fibrillation or quickening of the heart rate (affects less than 1 in 100 people)
• Palpitations (fast or uneven heart beats) (affects less than 1 in 1000 people) Stop using this medicine and see your doctor straight away if you have any of these side effects.
Other side effects include:
Common (affects less than 1 in 10 people)
• Headache or stuffy nose
• Nasal drying, nasal irritation such as itching or a burning sensation or nosebleeds
• Throat irritation
Uncommon (affects less than 1 in 100 people)
• Skin rash
• Unexpected tightness of the chest, swelling of the throat, dry throat
• Blurred vision, difficulty focusing, dilated pupils, glaucoma, painful, stinging, red or swelling of the eyes, see colours or lights
• Mouth or lip sores
• Problems passing water (urine), especially if you already have problems passing urine
• Feeling sick (nausea), stomach upset or discomfort
• Dry mouth
Rare (affects less than 1 in 1000 people)
• Itching or nettle rash (urticaria) If any of the spray accidentally gets into your eyes, wash it out with cold tap water for several minutes. You may get painful, stinging or red eyes, dilated pupils, blurred vision, see colours or lights. If this happens, talk to your doctor for advice. If you get problems with your eyes at any other time, talk to your doctor for advice.
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly (see details below). By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine. United Kingdom Yellow Card Scheme Website: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard
How to Store Atrovent Nasal Spray
Keep out of the reach and sight of children. Use this spray within six months of first priming the nasal spray pump. Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the carton and label after EXP. The expiry date refers to the last day of the month. Do not store above 25°C. Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantee
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
Your Trusted Pharmacy Referral Service
Medix Pharmacy is an international pharmacy referral service. With a network of licensed pharmacy partners in Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, we are able to help you lower the costs of your medications.
Our pharmacy partners are all thoroughly vetted and qualified to ensure that the medication you receive is cost effective, safe and effective. Because we only work with licensed pharmacies, you can rest assured that your medication is safe, effective, and genuine.
- Free standard delivery to your door, to any international address
- Option to add Tracked Deliveries
- Handy reminders to re-order so you do not run out
- Professional & Knowledgeable Customer Services Team
- Save time, with no need for repeated trips to your physician or local drugstore
With a dedicated customer service team, free standard shipping, and a record of providing significant saving for our customers, we believe that you do not need to compromise quality or safety in your search for value.