Brand Name Choices
No generic medication is available for Azelex Cream (Azelaic Acid)
What Azelex Cream is and what it is used for
Skinoren is a skin cream used to treat common acne (acne vulgaris).
• Skinoren Cream should only be used to treat acne. You should not use this medicine for any other skin condition.
• Skinoren attacks the bacterium called Propionibacterium acnes, which plays an essential part in causing acne. Skinoren also reduces growth of the harder outermost skin cells that block the pores of the skin to cause blackheads and whiteheads.
How to take Azelex Cream
Always use this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. Check with your
doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Adults and Adolescents (12 – 18 years of age)
• First thoroughly wash with plain water the whole area to be treated. If the skin is greasy use a mild skin cleanser. Dry the skin thoroughly before applying Skinoren.
• Unless your doctor has told you otherwise, start treatment with Skinoren twice a day.
• If your skin is very sensitive use Skinoren once a day, in the evening during the first week of treatment. Then change to twice a day.
• The amount of Skinoren you should use will depend on the size of the area to be treated:
•As a guide, if the whole of your face is affected, use 2.5 cm (approx. 0.5 g) of cream each time you apply Skinoren.
•If you have acne on your chest and back, as well as your face, adjust the amount of cream accordingly. Use the cream regularly. Rub it in gently. Wash your hands thoroughly after using Skinoren How long Skinoren has to be used varies from person to person. It depends upon how bad your acne is when you start treatment. You should see a distinct improvement after about 4 weeks. To get the best effect you will probably have to use Skinoren regularly for several months. However, you should not use Skinoren for more than 12 months at any time. If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets
Reasons to stop using Skinoren
Stop using Skinoren and see your doctor as soon as possible if you think you are
having an allergic reaction (e.g. rash) to Skinoren.
Occasionally local skin irritation occurs with Skinoren, usually at the start of
treatment. In most cases the irritation is mild and usually gets better as treatment
continues. If skin irritation remains troublesome:
• reduce the amount of Skinoren you apply each time
• or apply it only once a day
• or stop treatment temporarily. If skin irritation still remains troublesome tell your doctor.
The following side effects are based on reports from clinical studies and postmarketing surveillance with Skinoren Cream starting with the most frequent ones:
Very common (may affect more than 1 in 10 people): burning, itching or abnormal redness of the skin (erythema) at the site of application.
Common (may affect up to 1 in 10 people): scaling, pain, dryness, skin discolouration or irritation at the site of application.
Uncommon (may affect up to 1 in 100 people): greasy skin, acne or loss of skin colour, tingling, dermatitis, discomfort or swelling at the site of application.
Rare (may affect up to 1 in 1,000 people): cracking of the lips, vesicles (small blisters), eczema, ulceration, warmth at the site of application, allergic reaction, rash at the site of application Not Known (cannot be estimated from the available data)1 : skin swelling, eye swelling, swelling face (which may occur with hypersensitivity), rash, urticaria, worsening of asthama. 1 These additional side effects have been reported in patients using Skinoren Cream (frequency unknown) since marketing approval.
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
How to Store Azelex Cream
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
• Store Skinoren below 30°C.
• Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the box after EXP.
• After first opening of the container, the in-use shelf life is 6 months.
• Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help to protect the environment.
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantee
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
Your Trusted Pharmacy Referral Service
Medix Pharmacy is an international pharmacy referral service. With a network of licensed pharmacy partners in Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, we are able to help you lower the costs of your medications.
Our pharmacy partners are all thoroughly vetted and qualified to ensure that the medication you receive is cost effective, safe and effective. Because we only work with licensed pharmacies, you can rest assured that your medication is safe, effective, and genuine.
- Free standard delivery to your door, to any international address
- Option to add Tracked Deliveries
- Handy reminders to re-order so you do not run out
- Professional & Knowledgeable Customer Services Team
- Save time, with no need for repeated trips to your physician or local drugstore
With a dedicated customer service team, free standard shipping, and a record of providing significant saving for our customers, we believe that you do not need to compromise quality or safety in your search for value.