Brand Name Choices
No generic medication is available for Gastrocrom (Cromolyn Sodium)
What Gastrocrom is and what it is used for
Nalcrom 100mg Capsules (called Nalcrom Capsules in
this leaflet) contains a medicine called sodium
cromoglicate. This belongs to a group of medicines
It works by stopping the release of the natural
substances in your body that can cause an allergic
reaction. It also lowers your response when you are
exposed to substances to which you are allergic.
What Nalcrom Capsules are used for
• Nalcrom Capsules are used to treat allergic reactions to certain foods
• It is only used if you have had a test to prove that you are allergic to these foods
• As part of your treatment, your doctor should advise you to avoid eating certain foods which may cause an allergic reaction
How to take Gastrocrom
Always take Nalcrom Capsules exactly as your doctor has
told you. You should check with your doctor or
pharmacist if you are not sure.
Taking this medicine
• Take this medicine by mouth
• Take this medicine before a meal
• If signs of allergy do not improve within 2-3 weeks, your doctor may double how much you take. Your dose should not be larger than 40 mg per kilogram of your body weight per day
• If you feel the effect of your medicine is too weak or too strong, do not change the dose yourself, but ask your doctor. How much to take Adults (including the Elderly)
• Two capsules, four times a day, before meals
• When your symptoms improve, your doctor may lower your dose Children (aged between 2 and 14 years)
• One capsule, four times a day, before meals
• When your child’s symptoms improve, your doctor may lower the dose If you take more Nalcrom than you should Talk to your doctor or go to a hospital straight away. Remember to take any medicine that is left with you so the doctor knows what you have taken. If you forget to take Nalcrom Capsules If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose. If you stop taking Nalcrom Capsules Keep taking Nalcrom Capsules until your doctor tells you to stop. Do not stop taking Nalcrom Capsules just because you feel better. If you stop, your food allergies may come back or get worse. If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, Nalcrom Capsules can cause side
effects, although not everybody gets them.
Stop taking Nalcrom Capsules and see a doctor or go
to a hospital straight away if:
• You have an allergic reaction to Nalcrom Capsules. The signs may include: a rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if any of the side effects gets serious or lasts longer than a few days, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet:
• Skin rashes
• Pain in your joints
• Feeling sick (nausea)
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: w w w.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine
How to Store Gastrocrom
Keep this medicine in a safe place where children cannot see or reach it. Do not use Nalcrom Capsules after the expiry date which is stated on the label and carton. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month. Store below 25°C. Store in a dry place. Keep the bottle tightly closed in order to protect from moisture. Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks to North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantees
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. Buy prescription drugs online with us, and all orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
Your Trusted Pharmacy Referral Service
Medix Pharmacy is an international pharmacy referral service. With a network of licensed pharmacy partners in Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, we are able to help you lower the costs of your medications.
Our pharmacy partners are all thoroughly vetted and qualified to ensure that the medication you receive is cost effective, safe and effective. Because we only work with licensed pharmacies, you can rest assured that your medication is safe, effective, and genuine.
- Free standard delivery to your door, to any international address
- Option to add Tracked Deliveries
- Handy reminders to re-order so you do not run out
- Professional & Knowledgeable Customer Services Team
- Save time, with no need for repeated trips to your physician or local drugstore
With a dedicated customer service team, free standard shipping, and a record of providing significant saving for our customers, we believe that you do not need to compromise quality or safety in your search for value.