Brand Name Choices
No generic medication is available for Hirudoid Cream (Heparinoid)
What Hirudoid Cream is and what it is used for
Hirudoid Cream contains the active substance heparinoid. Hirudoid Cream is a local anti-coagulant preparation which, when applied to the skin, relieves pain and inflammation in addition to promoting healing in superficial thrombophlebitis (inflammation of the veins) and bruising (including haematoma).
How to take Hirudoid Cream
External use only. Do not swallow.
• Always use this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
• Before use, pierce the tube seal with the spiked top of the cap.
• The amount of cream you use will depend on the size of the area being treated.
• Between 2 and 6 inches (5-15 cm) of cream should be gently massaged into the affected area at any one time.
• You can apply Hirudoid Cream up to four times a day.
• Do not exceed this dose.
• If the area is tender to touch, you can massage the cream into the skin surrounding the affected area.
• Remember to wash your hands after applying Hirudoid Cream, unless this is the area being treated.
• If you accidentally swallow some of this cream, it is unlikely to be serious. However, you should contact your doctor or a hospital casualty department
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, Hirudoid Cream can cause side-effects, although not everybody gets them.
Rarely, Hirudoid Cream can cause a rash in sensitive individuals. If this occurs, STOP using the cream and tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
How to Store Hirudoid Cream
Keep out of the sight and reach of children. Do not use Hirudoid Cream after the expiry date which is stated on the tube and carton after EXP. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month. Store below 25°C. Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment.
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantees
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
Your Trusted Pharmacy Referral Service
Medix Pharmacy is an international pharmacy referral service. With a network of licensed pharmacy partners in Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, we are able to help you lower the costs of your medications.
Our pharmacy partners are all thoroughly vetted and qualified to ensure that the medication you receive is cost effective, safe and effective. Because we only work with licensed pharmacies, you can rest assured that your medication is safe, effective, and genuine.
- Free standard delivery to your door, to any international address
- Option to add Tracked Deliveries
- Handy reminders to re-order so you do not run out
- Professional & Knowledgeable Customer Services Team
- Save time, with no need for repeated trips to your physician or local drugstore
With a dedicated customer service team, free standard shipping, and a record of providing significant saving for our customers, we believe that you do not need to compromise quality or safety in your search for value.