Brand Name Choices
What Ikorel is and what it is used for
Ikorel contains the active substance “nicorandil”. This belongs to a group of medicines called ‘potassium channel activators’. Ikorel is used to prevent or reduce painful signs (“angina pectoris”) of your heart disease. It is used in adults who cannot take heart medicines called “beta-blockers” or “calcium antagonists”. Ikorel works by increasing the blood flow through the blood vessels of the heart. It improves the blood and oxygen supply of your heart muscle and reduces its workload.
How to take Ikorel
Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor
has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist
if you are not sure.
much to take
mended dose is:
•10mg, twice a day.
•In case you get headaches, your doctor may give you a lower dose of 5mg, twice a day for the first 2 to 7 days.
•Your doctor may increase your dose up to 20mg, twice a day. This will depend on your needs, response and tolerance to treatment. Taking this medicine
•Take one dose in the morning and one in the evening.
•Swallow the tablet (oral use).
•Do not take the tablet out of the blister strip until you are about to take it.
•The tablet of 10mg can be divided into equal doses.
•For the tablet of 20mg, the score line is only there to help you break the tablet if you have difficulty swallowing it whole. A larger desiccant capsule corresponding to a ‘drying agent’ is clearly marked at one end of each blister strip. It is to protect Ikorel tablets from moisture. Do not swallow this desiccant capsule. If you do accidentally take a desiccant capsule, talk to your doctor straight away. They should not harm you. If you take more Ikorel than you should If you take more Ikorel than you should or a child swallows any of the tablets, talk to a doctor or go to hospital straight away. Take the medicine pack with you. You may feel dizzy or weak – signs of low blood pressure. You may also feel your heart beating irregularly and faster. If you forget to take Ikorel If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is nearly time for your next dose, skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose. If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side
effects, although not everybody gets them.Talk to your doctor straight away if you notice
any of the following serious side effects:
• red, itchy, swollen or watery eyes, including problems with a part of the eye called the ‘cornea’ (very rare, may affect up to 1 in 10,000 people).
• ulcers in your mouth, stomach, guts (small and large) or back passage (rare, may affect up to 1 in 1,000 people). These may cause blood in your stools or vomit, a fistula (abnormal tube-like passage from one body cavity to another or to the skin), a hole, abscess or weight loss. Ulcers may also develop on the skin, genital tract and nasal passages or around a stoma (where there is an artificial opening for waste removal such as a colostomy or ileostomy). These are more likely to happen if you have a problem with your large intestine (diverticular disease). These side effects can happen at the beginning of treatment or later in treatment. Talk to your doctor straight away if you notice any of the serious side effects above.
Other side effects Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any of the following side effects:
Very common: may affect more than 1 in 10 people
• Headache – especially during the first few days of treatment. Your doctor may start you on a low dose and increase it slowly to reduce the frequency of headaches.
Common: may affect up to 1 in 10 people
• feeling dizzy
• flushing of the skin
• feeling sick (nausea)
• being sick (vomiting)
• feeling weak
• very fast, uneven or forceful heart-beat (palpitations).
Uncommon: may affect up to 1 in 100 people
• low blood pressure.
Rare: may affect up to 1 in 1,000 people
• aching muscles not caused by exercise.
Very rare: may affect up to 1 in 10,000 people
• stomach ache
• high potassium levels in the blood
• yellowing of the skin and eyes, light coloured bowel motions, dark coloured urine – these may be signs of liver problems
• swelling of the face, lips, mouth, tongue or throat which may cause problems swallowing or breathing. N ot kno wn: it is not known how often these happen
• double vision.
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow card Scheme at: w w w.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
How to Store Ikorel
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children. Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the carton after ‘EXP’. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month. Store below 25°C. Store in the original packaging in order to protect from moisture. After opening, each blisterstrip should be usedwithin 30 days atthe above mentionned storage conditions Medicines should not be thrown away via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help to protect the environment.
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantee
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
Your Trusted Pharmacy Referral Service
Medix Pharmacy is an international pharmacy referral service. With a network of licensed pharmacy partners in Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, we are able to help you lower the costs of your medications.
Our pharmacy partners are all thoroughly vetted and qualified to ensure that the medication you receive is cost effective, safe and effective. Because we only work with licensed pharmacies, you can rest assured that your medication is safe, effective, and genuine.
- Free standard delivery to your door, to any international address
- Option to add Tracked Deliveries
- Handy reminders to re-order so you do not run out
- Professional & Knowledgeable Customer Services Team
- Save time, with no need for repeated trips to your physician or local drugstore
With a dedicated customer service team, free standard shipping, and a record of providing significant saving for our customers, we believe that you do not need to compromise quality or safety in your search for value.