(Isosorbide Mononitrate ER)
Brand Name Choices
What Imdur is and what it is used for
Imdur contains a medicine called isosorbide mononitrate. This belongs to a group of medicines called
• It is used to prevent chest pain (angina).
• It works by making the blood vessels relax and widen. This makes it easier for the heart to pump blood around the body. The tablets are made so that they release the medicine slowly over a number of hours.
How to take Imdur
Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor
or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Taking this medicine
• Swallow the tablets whole or broken in half (if this is easier to swallow).
• Take the tablets with half a glass of water.
• Do not crush or chew the tablets. How much to take
• The recommended dose is one or two tablets a day.
• Take the medicine in the morning.
• Your doctor may ask you to start on a low dose so that you are less likely to have a reaction to starting Imdur.
• The blister strips are marked with the days of the week. If you are taking two tablets a day, make sure you take one tablet from each strip marked with the same day of the week. You must not take Imdur for a sudden attack of angina. If you have a sudden attack, take a glyceryl trinitrate tablet (follow the instructions given on the label). Very occasionally, some people see the remains of the tablet in their bowel motions. This is quite normal and does not mean that the medicine has not been released. Use in children Do not give these tablets to children. If you take more Imdur than you should If you take more Imdur than you should, talk to a doctor or go to a hospital straight away. Take the medicine pack with you so the tablets can be identified. If you forget to take Imdur
• If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember it. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose.
• Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose. If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. The
following side effects may happen with this medicine:
• Feeling sick (nausea).
• Feeling dizzy. The above problems usually disappear with time. Other possible side effects:
Common (may affect up to 1 in 10 people)
• Low blood pressure. This may make you feel faint or dizzy.
• Faster heartbeat
• Feeling dizzy
• Feeling sick (nausea).
Uncommon (may affect up to 1 in 100 people)
• Being sick (vomiting)
Rare (may affect up to 1 in 1,000 people)
• Itchy skin
Very rare (may affect up to 1 in 10,000 people)
• Pain in muscles
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
How to Store Imdur
• Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
• Do not store above 30°C.
• Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the carton. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
• Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment.
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantee
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
Your Trusted Pharmacy Referral Service
Medix Pharmacy is an international pharmacy referral service. With a network of licensed pharmacy partners in Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, we are able to help you lower the costs of your medications.
Our pharmacy partners are all thoroughly vetted and qualified to ensure that the medication you receive is cost effective, safe and effective. Because we only work with licensed pharmacies, you can rest assured that your medication is safe, effective, and genuine.
- Free standard delivery to your door, to any international address
- Option to add Tracked Deliveries
- Handy reminders to re-order so you do not run out
- Professional & Knowledgeable Customer Services Team
- Save time, with no need for repeated trips to your physician or local drugstore
With a dedicated customer service team, free standard shipping, and a record of providing significant saving for our customers, we believe that you do not need to compromise quality or safety in your search for value.