Brand Name Choices
What Imitrex STATdose is and what it is used for
Each Imigran Subject pre-filled cartridge syringe contains a single dose of sumatriptan, which belongs to a group of medicines called triptans (also known as 5-HT1 receptor agonists). Imigran Subject is used to treat migraine headache and a rare condition called cluster headache. Migraine and cluster headache symptoms may be caused by the temporary widening of blood vessels in the head. Imigran Subject is believed to reduce the widening of these blood vessels. This in turn helps to take away the headache and relieve other symptoms such as feeling or being sick (nausea or vomiting) and sensitivity to light and sound.
How to take Imitrex STATdose
Always use this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if
you are not sure.
Imigran Subject is usually injected into the thigh.
There’s a step-by-step guide to using the syringe at the end of this leaflet (see section 7 overleaf).
When to use Imigran
• It’s best to use Imigran as soon as you feel a migraine or a cluster headache coming on, although you can use it at any time during an attack
• Don’t use Imigran to try to prevent an attack
•only use it after your migraine symptoms start. 4 How much to use Adults aged 18 to 65
• The usual dose for adults aged 18 to 65 with migraine or a cluster headache is one 6 mg injection. Children under 18
• Imigran is not recommended for children under 18 years old. Older people (aged over 65)
• Imigran is not recommended for people aged over 65. If your symptoms start to come back
• You can use a second Imigran injection if at least 1 hour has passed since the first injection. If the first injection has no effect
• Don’t use a new injection or any other Imigran preparation for the same attack. If Imigran doesn’t give you any relief: Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice. If you use more Imigran than you should Using too much Imigran could make you ill. If you have used more than two injections in 24 hours: Contact your doctor for advice. If you have further questions about the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, but not everybody gets them.
Some symptoms may be caused by the migraine itself.
Allergic reaction: get doctor’s help straight away
The following side effects have occurred but their exact frequency is not known.
• The signs of allergy include rash, hives (itchy rash); wheezing; swollen eyelids, face or lips; complete collapse. If you get any of these symptoms soon after using Imigran: Don’t use any more. Contact a doctor straight away.
Very common side effects (affect more than 1 in 10 people)
• Temporary pain at the site of injection
• Stinging or burning, redness, swelling, bruising and bleeding at the site of injection.
Common side effects (affect up to 1 in 10 people)
• Pain, heaviness, pressure or tightness in the chest, throat or other parts of the body, or unusual sensations, including numbness, tingling and warmth or cold. These effects may be intense but generally pass quickly. 5 If these effects continue or become severe (especially the chest pain): Get medical help urgently. In a very small number of people these symptoms can be caused by a heart attack. Other common side effects include:
• Feeling sick (nausea) or being sick (vomiting), although this may be due to the migraine itself
• Tiredness or drowsiness
• Dizziness, feeling weak, or getting hot flushes
• Temporary increase in blood pressure
• Shortness of breath
• Aching muscles.
Very rare side effects (affect up to 1 in 10,000 people)
• Liver function changes. If you have a blood test to check your liver function, tell your doctor or nurse that you are using Imigran. Some patients may have the following side effects but it is not known how often they occur
• Seizures/fits, tremors, muscle spasm, neck stiffness
• Visual disturbances such as flickering, reduced vision, double vision, loss of vision, and in some cases even permanent defects (although these may be due to the migraine attack itself)
• Heart problems, where your heartbeat may go faster, slower or change rhythm, chest pains (angina) or heart attack
• Pale, blue-tinged skin and/or pain in your fingers, toes, ears, nose or jaw in response to cold or stress (Raynaud’s phenomenon)
• Feeling faint (blood pressure may go down)
• Pain in the lower left side of the stomach and bloody diarrhoea (ischaemic colitis)
• Pain in the joints
• Feeling anxious
• Excessive sweating.
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard or search for MHRA Yellow Card in the Google Play or Apple App Store. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
How to Store Imitrex STATdose
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children. You may wish to carry Imigran Subject with you in case of a migraine attack. Always keep your injections in the case provided to protect them from the light. Store below 30oC. Don’t use this medicine after the expiry date shown on the carton. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month. 6 Do not throw away medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your doctor, practice nurse or pharmacist how to dispose of your empty Cartridge Packs safely. You may be able to do this at your doctor’s surgery.
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantee
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
Your Trusted Pharmacy Referral Service
Medix Pharmacy is an international pharmacy referral service. With a network of licensed pharmacy partners in Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, we are able to help you lower the costs of your medications.
Our pharmacy partners are all thoroughly vetted and qualified to ensure that the medication you receive is cost effective, safe and effective. Because we only work with licensed pharmacies, you can rest assured that your medication is safe, effective, and genuine.
- Free standard delivery to your door, to any international address
- Option to add Tracked Deliveries
- Handy reminders to re-order so you do not run out
- Professional & Knowledgeable Customer Services Team
- Save time, with no need for repeated trips to your physician or local drugstore
With a dedicated customer service team, free standard shipping, and a record of providing significant saving for our customers, we believe that you do not need to compromise quality or safety in your search for value.