Brand Name Choices
What Kemadrin is and what it is used for
KEMADRIN Injection belongs to a group of medicines called anticholinergics. Anticholinergics block the effects of a substance called acetylcholine in your body. What is KEMADRIN Injection used for? KEMADRIN Injection is used to treat and relieve the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease such as stiff muscles, paralysis, tremor, difficulties with speech, writing and walking, overproduction of saliva and dribbling, sweating, uncontrolled eye movements and depression. Some tranquillisers have side-effects like the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease and they can also cause restlessness and abnormal head and body movements. KEMADRIN Injection is also sometimes used to control these side effects
How to take Kemadrin
Important: KEMADRIN Injection will be given to you as an injection into a vein (intravenously) or muscle (intramuscularly). Your doctor will decide on a dose of KEMADRIN Injection which is right for you. Adults: Intravenous injection:
• The usual starting dose is 2.5mg, three times a day, intravenously. Your doctor may then increase this by 2.5mg to 5mg daily, every two or three days, until the desired effect is seen. This is known as the maintenance dose. Please read all of this leaflet carefully before taking your medicine.
• Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
• If you have any further questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
• This medicine has been prescribed for you. Do not pass it on to others. It may harm them, even if their symptoms are the same as yours.
• If any of the side effects become serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist. PATIENT INFORMATION LEAFLET KEMADRINTM 5 mg/ml Solution for Injection (Procyclidine Hydrochloride) In this leaflet 1. What is KEMADRIN Injection and what is it used for? 2. Before you are given KEMADRIN Injection 3. How you will be given KEMADRIN Injection 4. Possible side effects 5. Storing KEMADRIN Injection 6. Further information A1000091_2 V1 Kemadrin PIL.indd 1 19/05/2015 09:29
• The usual total daily maintenance dose is 15 to 30mg, however, in certain cases your doctor may decide to prescribe more (up to a maximum of 60mg).
• Although the dose is usually taken three times a day, your doctor may give you a fourth dose before bedtime.
• If KEMADRIN Injection is being used to control the side-effects of another drug, then the usual maximum daily dose is 30mg.
• Your doctor may decide to stop KEMADRIN Injection after 3 or 4 months to see if the side-effects return.
• Given intravenously, a 5mg to 10mg dose of KEMADRIN may relieve abnormal head and body movements within 5 to 10 minutes. Occasionally, a higher dose is needed and may take up to half an hour to bring relief. Intramuscular injection:
• KEMADRIN Injection may be given intramuscularly in doses of 5 to 10mg; this may be repeated after 20 minutes, up to a daily maximum of 20mg. Elderly: Your doctor may decide to use a lower dose than the above. Children: KEMADRIN Injection is not usually recommended for use in children. However, in certain cases your doctor may decide that KEMADRIN Injection is required. Treatment with KEMADRIN Injection should not be stopped suddenly. If you think you have been given too much KEMADRIN Injection or if someone else takes your medicine by mistake, tell a doctor or nurse immediately. If you think you have been given more KEMADRIN Injection than you should: As this medicine will be given to you whilst you are in hospital, it is unlikely that you will be given too little or too much, however, tell your doctor or nurse if you have any concerns. Symptoms of overdose: Agitation, restlessness, confusion, sleeplessness lasting up to 24 hours or more, hallucinations, euphoria, anxiousness, aggressiveness, dilation of pupils and increased heart beat. Tell your doctor or healthcare professional if you have any of these side effects so that he/she can give appropriate treatment. If you have already left the medical premises, contact your nearest hospital, doctor or pharmacist. If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines KEMADRIN Injection can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Common (more than 1 in 100 patients):
• A dry mouth
• Blurred vision
• Difficulty in passing water
Uncommon (less than 1 in 100, but more than 1 in 1000 patients):
• Feeling confused
• Hearing unexpected noises or seeing unexpected sights (hallucinations)
• Nausea (feeling sick) or vomiting (being sick)
• Gingivitis (inflammation of the gums)
• Skin rash
• Reduced concentration or memory
• Agitation (feeling irritable) Please also note that if you are taking tranquillisers, unusual body movements, particularly of your hands, arms and legs may occur. If you are receiving KEMADRIN Injection to control these side effects, it has been reported, on rare occasions, that it could worsen these symptoms. If you find that this is happening, tell your doctor who may decide to change your tranquilliser dosage. If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme (Website: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard). By reporting side effects, you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
How to Store Kemadrin
Keep out of the reach and sight of children. Do not use KEMADRIN Injection after the expiry date on the carton. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month. KEMADRIN Injection should be stored below 25 ºC.
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantee
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
Your Trusted Pharmacy Referral Service
Medix Pharmacy is an international pharmacy referral service. With a network of licensed pharmacy partners in Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, we are able to help you lower the costs of your medications.
Our pharmacy partners are all thoroughly vetted and qualified to ensure that the medication you receive is cost effective, safe and effective. Because we only work with licensed pharmacies, you can rest assured that your medication is safe, effective, and genuine.
- Free standard delivery to your door, to any international address
- Option to add Tracked Deliveries
- Handy reminders to re-order so you do not run out
- Professional & Knowledgeable Customer Services Team
- Save time, with no need for repeated trips to your physician or local drugstore
With a dedicated customer service team, free standard shipping, and a record of providing significant saving for our customers, we believe that you do not need to compromise quality or safety in your search for value.