Brand Name Choices
No generic medication is available for Lotrisone Cream (Betamethasone Dipropionate/Clotrimazole)
What Lotrisone Cream is and what it is used for
Lotriderm Cream contains the active ingredients 0.064% w/w betamethasone dipropionate (equivalent to 0.05 % w/w betamethasone) and 1.0% w/w clotrimazole. Betamethasone belongs to a group of medicines called topical corticosteroids which are used on the surface of the skin to reduce the redness and itchiness caused by certain skin problems. Clotrimazole is a topical anti-fungal medicine used to treat some fungal infections of the skin. Lotriderm Cream is used for the short-term treatment of certain fungal infections of the skin, when redness and itchiness may also be a problem.
How to take Lotrisone Cream
Always use this medicine exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor
or pharmacist if you are not sure.
• For adults and children over the age of 12 years a layer of cream should be gently massaged into the affected and surrounding skin areas twice a day, in the morning and evening.
• Usually the cream should be used for either two weeks or four weeks, depending on the type of infection you have.
• Your doctor will tell you how long to use the cream for. Your skin infection should start to improve and the redness and itchiness will ease within the first few days of treatment.
• If your skin infection does not appear to get any better, you should see your doctor. You should always follow these instructions when using Lotriderm Cream:
• Keep the cream away from your eyes.
• If Lotriderm Cream is used in children, it should not be used on any part of their body for more than 5 days.
• Do not put the cream under a dressing, such as a plaster or bandage, as this makes it easier for the active ingredient of the medicine to pass through the skin and possibly cause some unwanted effects.
• You must not use a large amount of cream on large areas of the body for a long time (for example every day for many weeks or months).
• Do not apply the cream to the face for more than 5 days, in places where the skin folds (e.g. the back of the knee) or on large areas of damaged skin. If you use more Lotriderm Cream than you should Tell your doctor if:
• you (or someone else) accidentally swallows the cream, it should not produce any undesirable effects.
• you use the cream more often than you should, or on large areas of the body, it may cause some side effects.
• you have not followed the dosage instructions, or your doctor’s advice and have used the cream too frequently and/or for a long time If you forget to use Lotriderm Cream If you forget to use your cream at the right time, use it as soon as you remember, then carry on as before.
Possible side effects
A few people may find that they suffer from some of the following side effects after using Lotriderm Cream:
• burning and stinging
• rash; swelling and other skin infections. In addition, the following side effects have been reported to occur following the use of other medicines containing either clotrimazole or betamethasone dipropionate:
• redness, stinging, blistering, peeling, swelling, itching, burning, skin rash, dryness of the skin
• inflammation of the hair follicles; excessive hair growth
• darkening of the skin; allergic skin reactions; dermatitis (skin inflammation) around the mouth; other skin infections, thinning of the skin and red marks.
• blurred vision.
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via Yellow Card Scheme at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard or search for MHRA Yellow Card in the Google Play or Apple App Store. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
How to Store Lotrisone Cream
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
• Do not store above 25°C.
• Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the pack. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
• Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantees
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
Your Trusted Pharmacy Referral Service
Medix Pharmacy is an international pharmacy referral service. With a network of licensed pharmacy partners in Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, we are able to help you lower the costs of your medications.
Our pharmacy partners are all thoroughly vetted and qualified to ensure that the medication you receive is cost effective, safe and effective. Because we only work with licensed pharmacies, you can rest assured that your medication is safe, effective, and genuine.
- Free standard delivery to your door, to any international address
- Option to add Tracked Deliveries
- Handy reminders to re-order so you do not run out
- Professional & Knowledgeable Customer Services Team
- Save time, with no need for repeated trips to your physician or local drugstore
With a dedicated customer service team, free standard shipping, and a record of providing significant saving for our customers, we believe that you do not need to compromise quality or safety in your search for value.