Brand Name Choices
What Motrin is and what it is used for
Each tablet contains 200mg of ibuprofen. Ibuprofen belongs to a group of medicines called Non-Steroidal Anti-in ammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) that work by relieving pain, reducing in ammation, swelling and fever. Anadin Ibuprofen 200mg Tablets are for effective relief from rheumatic and muscular pain, backache, headache, dental pain, migraine, neuralgia, period pain, feverishness and the symptoms of colds and u.
How to take Motrin
For oral administration and short term use only Dosage: Adults, the elderly, and children and adolescents over 12 years of age: The minimum effective dose should be used for the shortest time necessary to relieve symptoms. 1 or 2 tablets every 4-6 hours, as required. The tablets should be taken with water. Take only as much as you need and leave at least 4 hours between each dose. Do not take more than 6 tablets in any 24 hour period. Do not give to children under 12 years. If you are aged between 12 and 18 years and the product is required for more than 3 days or if the symptoms worsen, you should contact your doctor. If you are 18 years or older you should not take this product for longer than 10 days unless your doctor tells you to. If symptoms persist or worsen consult a pharmacist or your doctor. If you take more tablets than you should or if children have taken the medicine by accident always contact a doctor or nearest hospital to get an opinion of the risk and advice on action to be taken. Bring any remaining tablets with you to show your doctor. The symptoms can include nausea, stomach pain, vomiting (may be blood streaked), headache, ringing in the ears, confusion and shaky eye movement. At high doses, drowsiness, chest pain, palpitations, loss of consciousness, convulsions (mainly in children), weakness and dizziness, blood in urine, cold body feeling, and breathing problems have been reported
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, your medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
The following effects are very rare (less than 1 in 10,000 people) but if you experience any of the effects then
STOP taking this medicine immediately and contact your doctor or pharmacist.
• Peptic ulceration or perforation: Symptoms could include severe abdominal pain, vomiting blood (or liquid with what looks like coffee grounds), blood in the faeces (stools/motions) or passing black tarry stools
• In ammation of the brain lining: Symptoms could include stiff neck, headache, feeling or being sick, fever or feeling disorientated
• Severe allergic reactions: Symptoms could include dizziness or fainting, faster heart rate, swelling of the face, tongue and throat
• Worsening of asthma and wheezing or dif culty breathing Other possible side effects Less than 1 in 100 people may experience the following uncommon side effects
• Allergic reactions such as hives, skin rashes and itching (or SLE)
• Stomach: Abdominal pain, indigestion, heartburn and feeling sick
• Nervous System: Headache Less than 1 in 1000 people may experience the following rare side effects
• Diarrhoea, wind, constipation and being sick Less than 1 in 10,000 people may experience the following very rare side effects
• Reduction in blood cells, which can make the skin pale or yellow, cause fever, sore throat, mild mouth ulcers, u-like symptoms, exhaustion or weakness, easy bruising, or bleeding from the skin or nose
• High blood pressure, heart failure or chest pain
• Nervousness, visual disturbance, ringing in the ears and vertigo
• Liver problems: Symptoms could include yellowing of the skin or the whites of the eyes
• Kidney problems: Symptoms could include swelling of the ankles
• Severe skin reactions: Symptoms could include blistering
• A severe skin reaction known as DRESS syndrome can occur. Symptoms of DRESS include: skin rash, fever, swelling of lymph nodes and an increase of eosinophils (a type of white blood cells). Medicines such as ibuprofen may be associated with a small increased risk of heart attack ("myocardial infarction") or stroke.
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this lea et. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
How to Store Motrin
Do not use this medicine after the expiry date shown on the end of the carton. Do not store above 25°C. Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantees
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
Your Trusted Pharmacy Referral Service
Medix Pharmacy is an international pharmacy referral service. With a network of licensed pharmacy partners in Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, we are able to help you lower the costs of your medications.
Our pharmacy partners are all thoroughly vetted and qualified to ensure that the medication you receive is cost effective, safe and effective. Because we only work with licensed pharmacies, you can rest assured that your medication is safe, effective, and genuine.
- Free standard delivery to your door, to any international address
- Option to add Tracked Deliveries
- Handy reminders to re-order so you do not run out
- Professional & Knowledgeable Customer Services Team
- Save time, with no need for repeated trips to your physician or local drugstore
With a dedicated customer service team, free standard shipping, and a record of providing significant saving for our customers, we believe that you do not need to compromise quality or safety in your search for value.