Brand Name Choices
No generic medication is available for Nimotop (Nimodipine)
What Nimotop is and what it is used for
Nimotop solution contains nimodipine, which belongs to a group of medicines called calcium antagonists. Nimotop solution is used to prevent changes in brain function after bleeding around the brain (subarachnoid haemorrhage).
How to take Nimotop
Nimotop solution is given by a doctor or nurse, as a slow injection through a vein into the bloodstream. The recommended dose is 5 ml per hour in the first two hours of treatment. This will be increased to 10ml per hour, if there is no sign of a drop in blood pressure. Treatment will last for at least 5 days, up to a maximum of 14 days. After the intravenous therapy you may be given Nimotop tablets for a further period of time, but the total length of treatment with nimodipine (Nimotop solution followed by Nimotop tablets) will not exceed 21 days. If you weigh less than 70 kg or have unstable blood pressure, your doctor will calculate the dose of Nimotop solution required. If you are given more Nimotop solution than you should The amount of Nimotop solution you receive is carefully controlled by your doctor. It is highly unlikely that you will be given too much medicine. Tell your doctor if you feel faint or if your heartbeats are slower or faster than normal. If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Potentially serious side effects If you experience:
• Signs of allergic reaction such as swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat, difficulty breathing, rash, itching, nausea or vomiting
• low blood pressure (may cause dizziness)
• slow heart beat
• easier bruising and bleeding caused by a reduced number of blood platelets Contact your doctor immediately as these side effects can sometimes be serious. 018_0 Less serious side effects In addition to the serious side effects listed above, these are the other less serious side effects of Nimotop solution:
Uncommon side effects (These may affect up to 1 in 100 people)
• fast heart beat
• flushing, sweating, feeling of warmth
• feeling sick (nausea)
Rare side effects (These may affect up to 1 in 1,000 people)
• constipation (lack of bowel movement)
• a slight rise in liver enzymes (this will show up in blood tests)
• pain and/or swelling in a vein (possibly caused by a blood clot) where the needle was inserted
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly (see details below). By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine. United Kingdom Yellow Card Scheme Website: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard Malta ADR Reporting Website: www.medicinesauthority.gov.mt/adrportal
How to Store Nimotop
Store below 25°C and protect from light. Store in the outer carton until just before use. Your doctor or hospital pharmacist will store Nimotop solution appropriately before it is used. This medicine should not be used after the expiry date which is stated on both the outer carton and on each vial after EXP. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month. Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantee
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
Your Trusted Pharmacy Referral Service
Medix Pharmacy is an international pharmacy referral service. With a network of licensed pharmacy partners in Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, we are able to help you lower the costs of your medications.
Our pharmacy partners are all thoroughly vetted and qualified to ensure that the medication you receive is cost effective, safe and effective. Because we only work with licensed pharmacies, you can rest assured that your medication is safe, effective, and genuine.
- Free standard delivery to your door, to any international address
- Option to add Tracked Deliveries
- Handy reminders to re-order so you do not run out
- Professional & Knowledgeable Customer Services Team
- Save time, with no need for repeated trips to your physician or local drugstore
With a dedicated customer service team, free standard shipping, and a record of providing significant saving for our customers, we believe that you do not need to compromise quality or safety in your search for value.