Brand Name Choices
What Nizoral Cream is and what it is used for
The name of your medicine is Nizoral 2% cream. It is called ‘Nizoral cream’ or just ‘cream’ in this leaflet. Nizoral cream contains a medicine called ketoconazole. This belongs to a group of medicines called ‘antifungals’. Nizoral cream is used for fungal and yeast infections of the skin in adults. Infections may appear on the:
• Trunk, chest or back
• Hands or feet
• Scalp or face
• Groin or genitals Nizoral cream works by killing the fungus that causes the infection
How to take Nizoral Cream
Always use this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure. How often you should use Nizoral cream This will depend on the type of infection and how serious it is. Your doctor will tell you how often to use Nizoral cream and for how long. The recommended dose is:
• Once or twice each day for 1 to 4 weeks Do not use the cream more often than your doctor has told you. Preparing your skin
• Wash the infected skin and dry it well Using Nizoral cream
• Each tube of Nizoral cream is sealed. You will need to use the cap to pierce the seal
• Rub the cream gently into the affected area and surrounding skin with clean fingers
• Do not put Nizoral cream in the eyes
• Unless the affected skin is on your hands, wash your hands with soap and water after using the cream
• Washing your hands after using the cream will stop you spreading the infection to other parts of your body or to other people
• Do not allow other people to use your flannel or towel. This will stop them from getting your infection
• Clothing that touches infected skin should be washed and changed often. Nizoral cream is non-greasy and should not stain clothes If you stop using Nizoral cream Keep using the cream for several days after all the symptoms have gone away. This will stop the symptoms from coming back. If your symptoms do not improve after 4 weeks, talk to your doctor. If you swallow Nizoral cream If you swallow any cream, tell your doctor straight away. If you use Nizoral cream more often than you should If you use Nizoral cream more often than you should, it may cause some burning sensation, redness or swelling. If this occurs, stop using Nizoral cream straight away. If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Stop using Nizoral cream and tell your doctor straight away if you notice or suspect any of the following. You may need urgent medical treatment.
• Severe irritation or reddening of the skin where the cream has been used, or other signs of allergy during the first few days of treatment. This can affect fewer than 1 in 10 people
• Peeling or blistering of the skin. This can affect fewer than 1 in 100 people Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you notice or suspect any of the following side effects:
Common side effects (affects fewer than 1 in 10 people)
• Burning sensation
Uncommon side effects (affects fewer than 1 in 100 people)
• Problems where the cream has been used such as:
•Inflammation (contact dermatitis)
• Rash, hives (also known as nettle rash or urticaria)
• Sticky skin Reporting of side-effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at:www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard . By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
How to Store Nizoral Cream
Keep out of the sight and reach of children. Store the cream in its original packaging. Do not store above 25°C. Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the label. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month. Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment. 6. Contents of the pack and oth
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantee
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
Your Trusted Pharmacy Referral Service
Medix Pharmacy is an international pharmacy referral service. With a network of licensed pharmacy partners in Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, we are able to help you lower the costs of your medications.
Our pharmacy partners are all thoroughly vetted and qualified to ensure that the medication you receive is cost effective, safe and effective. Because we only work with licensed pharmacies, you can rest assured that your medication is safe, effective, and genuine.
- Free standard delivery to your door, to any international address
- Option to add Tracked Deliveries
- Handy reminders to re-order so you do not run out
- Professional & Knowledgeable Customer Services Team
- Save time, with no need for repeated trips to your physician or local drugstore
With a dedicated customer service team, free standard shipping, and a record of providing significant saving for our customers, we believe that you do not need to compromise quality or safety in your search for value.