Brand Name Choices
What Nizoral Shampoo is and what it is used for
This medicine contains Ketoconazole which belongs to a group of medicines called antifungals, which act to treat fungal infections. It can be used to treat and prevent dandruff, which you may notice as visible flaking of dry skin from the scalp. Dandruff is associated with the presence of a yeast (fungus) called Pityrosporum Ovale. This yeast lives naturally on the skin of everyone, but people with dandruff appear to have more than usual. Ketoconazole works by destroying the yeast associated with dandruff.
How to take Nizoral Shampoo
Shake the bottle well before use. Age How much to use How often to use Adults and adolescents Wet hair and scalp and apply enough shampoo to cover the scalp and produce a foam (lather). Leave for 3
•5 minutes before rinsing. Use twice a week, at least three days apart, for the first 2 to 4 weeks After 2 to 4 weeks you can use the shampoo once every 1 to 2 weeks to keep dandruff under control. For use on the hair and scalp only. Do not use more than the amount recommended above. If your symptoms do not improve after 4 weeks talk to your pharmacist or doctor. If symptoms do not go away within 4 weeks talk to your pharmacist or doctor. If you accidentally swallow some of the shampoo: Swallowing this shampoo is normally harmless. Talk to a doctor if you are concerned and take this shampoo with you. Do not make yourself sick
Possible side effects
Most people will not have problems, but some may get some, which are usually mild. ! If you get any of these serious side effects, stop using the shampoo. See a doctor at once:
• Difficulty in breathing, swelling of the face, neck, tongue or throat (severe allergic reactions) If you get any of the following side effects see your pharmacist or doctor:
Uncommon side effects: (less than 1 in every 100 people are affected)
• (Localised reactions including redness, irritation and itching of the skin
• Dry skin, skin rash or a burning sensation of the skin
• Swelling of the hair follicles, hair loss or changes in the hair texture
• An increase in tear production
Rare side effects: (less than 1 in every 1000 people are affected)
• Changes in taste of food
• Eye irritation
• Other skin reactions such as flaky skin, acne, contact dermatitis (redness and swelling of the skin)
• Other localised allergic reactions including small blisters on the surface of your skin
Other side effects: (It is unknown how often these may occur)
• Changes in hair colour
• Raised, red itchy skin (symptoms of urticaria, which is often known as hives or nettle rash) If any side effect becomes severe, or you notice any side effect not listed here, please tell your pharmacist or doctor.
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard.
How to Store Nizoral Shampoo
Do not store above 25°C. Store in the original container. Keep the container tightly closed. Keep this medicine in a safe place out of the sight and reach of children, preferably in a locked cupboard. Use by the date on the end flap of the carton.
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantee
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
Your Trusted Pharmacy Referral Service
Medix Pharmacy is an international pharmacy referral service. With a network of licensed pharmacy partners in Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, we are able to help you lower the costs of your medications.
Our pharmacy partners are all thoroughly vetted and qualified to ensure that the medication you receive is cost effective, safe and effective. Because we only work with licensed pharmacies, you can rest assured that your medication is safe, effective, and genuine.
- Free standard delivery to your door, to any international address
- Option to add Tracked Deliveries
- Handy reminders to re-order so you do not run out
- Professional & Knowledgeable Customer Services Team
- Save time, with no need for repeated trips to your physician or local drugstore
With a dedicated customer service team, free standard shipping, and a record of providing significant saving for our customers, we believe that you do not need to compromise quality or safety in your search for value.