Brand Name Choices
What Norpace is and what it is used for
Disopyramide belongs to a group of medicines called antiarrhythmic agents. Disopyramide is used to treat an irregularity in the heartbeat (known as an arrhythmia). It works by correcting irregular heartbeats to a normal rhythm. It is used for controlling your heartbeat in the following situations:
•where your heartbeats are uneven, or unusually fast or slow.
• To keep your heart beating at a normal rhythm.
• To stop unusual heartbeats (arrhythmias) happening after a heart attack.
• To stop unusual heartbeats (arrhythmias) during an operation.
How to take Norpace
Always take Disopyramide exactly as your doctor has told you. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure. Your doctor will choose the dose which best suits your condition. Swallow the capsules whole with a glass of water. Do not chew or open the capsules. Adults – The recommended dose is between 300 mg and 800 mg. This should be taken divided up into doses spaced evenly through the day. Patients with liver or kidney problems
•Your doctor may give you a lower dose and will closely monitor you. Elderly
•If you are elderly, your doctor may prescribe a lower starting dose for you. Children
•Disopyramide is not recommended for use in children. If you take more Disopyramide than you should
•Contact your doctor or nearest hospital emergency department immediately. Take the container and any remaining capsules with you. You may get the following side effects: dizziness, feeling tired, uneven heartbeat, dry mouth, difficulty passing urine, feeling or being sick, stomach pain or fits. If you forget to take Disopyramide
•Take the next dose as soon as you remember unless it is less than 4 hours before for your next dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose. If you stop taking Disopyramide – If you suddenly stop taking Disopyramide you may experience side effects. Speak to your doctor first before stopping this medicine. If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, Disopyramide can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Tell your doctor straight away if you notice any of the following serious side effects – you may need urgent medical treatment:
• if you have an allergic reaction. The signs may include a skin rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue. Tell your doctor as soon as possible if you have any of the following side effects:
• feeling faint, dizzy or light-headed,
• palpitations or an uneven, fast or slow heartbeat that you have not had before or that gets worse. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if any of the following side effects gets serious or lasts longer than a few days. Also tell them if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet:
• blurred or double vision,
• pain when urinating or difficulty urinating, especially in men with prostate problems,
• stomach pain, feeling sick (nausea) or being sick (vomiting), constipation or diarrhoea, loss of appetite, dry mouth,
• difficulty in getting or maintaining an erection, or in ejaculating (impotence),
• mood changes or mental problems,
• problems with memory or attention span, difficulty thinking clearly,
• skin reactions: red spots on your skin called rashes may appear very rarely.
• a fall in blood sugar level (hypoglycaemia), this may make you have chills and cold sweats, look pale, feel confused or anxious and unusually tired or weak. Very
• yellowing of the skin or whites of the eyes (jaundice),
• lightheadedness feeling,
• you may get more infections than usual. This could be caused by a lowering in the number of white blood cells in your blood (neutropenia). Rapid infusion may lead to experience abundant sweats.
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine
How to Store Norpace
Rare (affects less than 1 in 1,000 people but more than 1 in 10,000 people)
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantee
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
Your Trusted Pharmacy Referral Service
Medix Pharmacy is an international pharmacy referral service. With a network of licensed pharmacy partners in Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, we are able to help you lower the costs of your medications.
Our pharmacy partners are all thoroughly vetted and qualified to ensure that the medication you receive is cost effective, safe and effective. Because we only work with licensed pharmacies, you can rest assured that your medication is safe, effective, and genuine.
- Free standard delivery to your door, to any international address
- Option to add Tracked Deliveries
- Handy reminders to re-order so you do not run out
- Professional & Knowledgeable Customer Services Team
- Save time, with no need for repeated trips to your physician or local drugstore
With a dedicated customer service team, free standard shipping, and a record of providing significant saving for our customers, we believe that you do not need to compromise quality or safety in your search for value.