What Pred Forte is and what it is used for
PRED FORTE belongs to a group of medicines known as steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. PRED FORTE is used in adults for the short-term treatment of eye inflammation. It reduces the irritation, burning, redness and swelling of eye inflammation caused by chemicals, heat, radiation, allergy, or foreign objects in the eye.
How to take Pred Forte
Always use this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure. The recommended dose is 1 or 2 drops into the affected eye(s) 2 to 4 times a day. During the first two days of treatment you may be asked to apply the drops as often as every hour. Instructions for use You must not use the bottle if the tamper-proof seal on the bottle neck is broken before you first use it. Apply your eye drops in the following way: 1. Wash your hands. Shake the bottle well before use. Tilt your head back and look at the ceiling. 2. Gently pull the lower eyelid down until there is a small pocket. 3. Turn the bottle upside down and squeeze it to release one or two drops into each eye that needs treatment. 4. Let go of the lower lid, and close your eye. Press your finger against the corner of your eye (the side where your eye meets your nose) for one minute. If a drop misses your eye, try again. To avoid eye injury and contamination, do not let the tip of the dropper touch your eye or anything else. Replace and tighten the cap straight after use. Wipe off any excess liquid from your cheek with a clean tissue. If you use this medicine for more than 10 days, your doctor may ask you to have checkups. These are to make sure that your medicine is working properly and that the dose you are taking is right for you. Your doctor will check your eyes for:
• an increase in pressure
• infection The proper application of your eye drops is very important. If you have any questions ask your doctor or pharmacist. If you use more PRED FORTE than you should Putting too many drops in your eye(s) is unlikely to lead to unwanted side effects. If you have placed too many drops in your eye(s), wash your eye(s) with clean water. Apply your next dose at the normal time. If, by accident, anyone drinks this medicine, contact your doctor straight away. If you forget to use PRED FORTE If you forget a dose apply it as soon as you remember, unless it is almost time for your next dose, in which case you should miss out the forgotten dose. Then apply your next dose as usual and continue with your normal routine. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose. If you stop using PRED FORTE PRED FORTE should be used as advised by your doctor. Do not stop using PRED FORTE until your doctor has told you to. If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. You should see your doctor immediately if you experience: ▪ ulcers on the surface of the eye ▪ severe pain in the eye You should see your doctor if any of the following effects prove troublesome or if they are long-lasting: ▪ allergic reaction ▪ headache ▪ increased pressure within the eye ▪ centre of the eye becomes cloudy (cataracts) ▪ a feeling that something is in your eye ▪ eye infections (bacterial, fungal or viral) ▪ mild stinging or irritation ▪ red eye ▪ blurred or poor vision ▪ pupil dilation ▪ change in sense of taste ▪ rash or itching
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via: Yellow Card Scheme Website: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
How to Store Pred Forte
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children. Discard the bottle 28 days after opening, even if there is solution remaining. Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the bottle label and the bottom of the carton after EXP. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month for an unopened bottle. Do not store above 25°C (room temperature). Do not freeze. Do not use this medicine if you notice the tamper-proof seal is broken. Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment.
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantees
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
Your Trusted Pharmacy Referral Service
Medix Pharmacy is an international pharmacy referral service. With a network of licensed pharmacy partners in Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, we are able to help you lower the costs of your medications.
Our pharmacy partners are all thoroughly vetted and qualified to ensure that the medication you receive is cost effective, safe and effective. Because we only work with licensed pharmacies, you can rest assured that your medication is safe, effective, and genuine.
- Free standard delivery to your door, to any international address
- Option to add Tracked Deliveries
- Handy reminders to re-order so you do not run out
- Professional & Knowledgeable Customer Services Team
- Save time, with no need for repeated trips to your physician or local drugstore
With a dedicated customer service team, free standard shipping, and a record of providing significant saving for our customers, we believe that you do not need to compromise quality or safety in your search for value.