Brand Name Choices
No generic medication is available for Priligy (Dapoxetine)
What Priligy is and what it is used for
Priligy contains an active substance called ‘dapoxetine’. This belongs to a group of medicines called ‘selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors’ (SSRIs). Priligy may also be known as a ‘urological’ medicine. Priligy increases the time it takes to ejaculate and can improve the control over the ejaculation. This may reduce the frustration or worry about fast ejaculation. Priligy is used to treat premature ejaculation in adult men aged 18 to 64 years. Premature ejaculation is when a man ejaculates with little sexual stimulation and before the man wants. This can cause problems for the man and may cause problems in sexual relationships.
How to take Priligy
Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor
or pharmacist if you are not sure.
• The recommended dose is 30 mg. Your doctor may increase the dose to 60 mg.
• Only take the medicine 1 to 3 hours before sexual activity is anticipated.
• Do not take this medicine more than once every 24 hours or every day.
• Swallow the tablets whole to avoid a bitter taste, with at least one full glass of water. This may help lower your chance of fainting (see ‘Fainting and low blood pressure’ in section 4).
• This medicine can be taken with or without food.
• This medicine should not be used by men under 18 or over 65 years of age.
• Discuss your Priligy treatment with your doctor after the first 4 weeks or after 6 doses to see whether you should continue treatment. If treatment is continued, you should see your doctor again to discuss this at least every six months. If you take more Priligy than you should Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you have taken more tablets than you should. You may feel sick or be sick. If you stop taking Priligy Talk to your doctor before you stop taking this medicine. You may have problems sleeping and feel dizzy after you stop taking this medicine, even if you have not taken it every day. If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor, pharmacist or nurse.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Stop taking Priligy and see your doctor straight away if:
• You have fits (seizures)
• You faint or feel light headed when you stand up
• You notice any changes in your mood
• You have any thoughts of suicide or harming yourself. If you notice any of the above, stop taking this medicine and see your doctor straight away. 5 Fainting and low blood pressure This medicine can make you faint or make your blood pressure drop when you stand up. To help lower the chance of this happening:
• Take this medicine with at least one full glass of water.
• Do not take this medicine if you are dehydrated (you do not have enough water in your body). This can happen if:
•You have not had anything to drink in the past 4 to 6 hours
•You have been sweating for a long time
•You have an illness where you have a high temperature, diarrhoea or being sick.
• If you feel like you might faint (such as feeling sick, feeling dizzy, light headed, confused, sweaty or an abnormal heart beat), or feel light headed when you stand up, immediately lie down so your head is lower than the rest of your body or sit down with your head between your knees until you feel better. This will stop you from falling and hurting yourself if you do faint.
• Do not stand up quickly after you have been sitting or lying down for a long time.
• Do not drive or use any tools or machines if you feel faint when taking this medicine.
• Tell your doctor if you faint when taking this medicine.
Very common side effects (may affect more than 1 in 10 men):
• Feeling dizzy
• Feeling sick.
Common side effects (may affect up to 1 in 10 men):
• Feeling irritable, anxious, agitated or restless
• Feeling numb or having ‘pins and needles’
• Difficulty getting or keeping an erection
• Sweating more than normal or flushing
• Diarrhoea, constipation or having wind
• Stomach pain, bloating or being sick
• Problems sleeping or strange dreams
• Feeling tired or sleepy, yawning
• Blocked nose (nasal congestion)
• A rise in blood pressure
• Difficulty concentrating
• Shaking or trembling
• Lower interest in sex
• Ringing in the ears
• Blurred vision
• Dry mouth.
Uncommon side effects (may affect up to 1 in 100 men):
• Fainting or feeling dizzy upon standing (see advice above)
• Change in mood, feeling overly excited or feelings of paranoia
• Feeling confused, disoriented or unable to think clearly
• Slow or irregular heartbeat or increase in heart rate
• Loss of sex drive, problems reaching orgasm
• Feeling weak, sedated, lethargic or fatigued
• Feeling depressed, nervous or indifferent 6
• Feeling hot, jittery, abnormal or drunk
• Vision problems, eye pain or dilated pupils
• Low or high blood pressure
• Feeling itchy or cold sweat
• Spinning sensation
• Abnormal taste
• Teeth grinding.
Rare side effects (may affect up to 1 in 1,000 men):
• Feeling dizzy following exertion
• Sudden onset of sleep
• Urgency of bowel action.
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
How to Store Priligy
This medicinal product does not require any special storage conditions.
• Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
• Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the carton after EXP. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
• Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment.
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantees
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
Your Trusted Pharmacy Referral Service
Medix Pharmacy is an international pharmacy referral service. With a network of licensed pharmacy partners in Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, we are able to help you lower the costs of your medications.
Our pharmacy partners are all thoroughly vetted and qualified to ensure that the medication you receive is cost effective, safe and effective. Because we only work with licensed pharmacies, you can rest assured that your medication is safe, effective, and genuine.
- Free standard delivery to your door, to any international address
- Option to add Tracked Deliveries
- Handy reminders to re-order so you do not run out
- Professional & Knowledgeable Customer Services Team
- Save time, with no need for repeated trips to your physician or local drugstore
With a dedicated customer service team, free standard shipping, and a record of providing significant saving for our customers, we believe that you do not need to compromise quality or safety in your search for value.