Brand Name Choices
What Prinivil is and what it is used for
Lisinopril contains a medicine called lisinopril. This belongs to a group of medicines called ACE inhibitors. Lisinopril 5 mg, 10 mg and 20 mg tablets can be used for the following conditions:
• To treat high blood pressure (hypertension).
• To treat heart failure.
• If you have recently had a heart attack (myocardial infarction).
• To treat kidney problems caused by Type II diabetes in people with high blood pressure. Lisinopril works by making your blood vessels widen. This helps to lower your blood pressure. It also makes it easier for your heart to pump blood to all parts of your body.
How to take Prinivil
Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure. Once you have started taking Lisinopril your doctor may take blood tests. Your doctor may then adjust your dose so you take the right amount of medicine for you. Taking your medicine
• Swallow the tablet with a drink of water.
• Try to take your tablets at the same time each day. It does not matter if you take Lisinopril before or after food.
• Keep taking Lisinopril for as long as your doctor tells you to, it is a long term treatment. It is important to keep taking Lisinopril every day. Taking your first dose
• Take special care when you have your first dose of Lisinopril or if your dose is increased. It may cause a greater fall in blood pressure than later doses.
• This may make you feel dizzy or light-headed. If this happens, it may help to lie down. If you are concerned, please talk to your doctor as soon as possible. Adults Your dose depends on your medical condition and whether you are taking any other medicines. Your doctor will tell you how many tablets to take each day. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure. For high blood pressure
• The recommended starting dose is 10 mg once a day.
• The recommended long-term dose is 20 mg once a day. Package leaflet: Information for the user Lisinopril 5 mg, 10 mg, 20 mg tablets Lisinopril P1519431 Black A/s: 180 x 480 mm Name Component Item Code Date & Time Customer / Country Version No. Reason Of Issue Reviewed / Approved by Sign / Date Product Lisinopril Leaflet P1519431 UK_Milpharm Unit-3 01 Revision 01.09.2018 & 3.40 PM Dimensions Pharmacode Team Leader Initiator Additional Information : Artist: No. of Colours : 01 180 x 480 mm Arjun Arief 19431 Packaging Development Supersede Item Code: P1517451 For heart failure
• The recommended starting dose is 2.5 mg once a day.
• The long-term dose is 5 to 35 mg once a day. After a heart attack
• The recommended starting dose is 5 mg within 24 hours of your attack and 5 mg one day later.
• The recommended long-term dose is 10 mg once a day. For kidney problems caused by diabetes
• The recommended dose is either 10 mg or 20 mg once a day. If you are elderly, have kidney problems or are taking diuretic medicines your doctor may give you a lower dose than the usual dose. Use in children and adolescents (6 to 16 years old) with high blood pressure
• Lisinopril is not recommended for children under 6 years or in any children with severe kidney problems.
• The doctor will work out the correct dose for your child. The dose depends on the child’s body weight.
• For children who weigh between 20 kg and 50 kg, the recommended starting dose is 2.5 mg once a day.
• For children who weigh more than 50 kg, the recommended starting dose is 5 mg once a day. If you take more Lisinopril than you should If you take more Lisinopril than prescribed by your doctor, talk to a doctor or go to a hospital immediately. The following effects are most likely to happen: Dizziness, palpitations. If you forget to take Lisinopril
• If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as you remember. However, if it is nearly time for the next dose, skip the missed dose.
• Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose. If you stop taking Lisinopril Do not stop taking your tablets, even if you are feeling well, unless your doctor tells you to. If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. If you experience any of the following reactions, stop taking Lisinopril and see your doctor immediately.
• Severe allergic reactions (rare, affects 1 to 10 users in 10,000). The signs may include sudden onset of:
•Swelling of your face, lips, tongue or throat. This may make it difficult to swallow.
•Severe or sudden swelling of your hands, feet and ankles.
•Severe itching of the skin (with raised lumps).
• Severe skin disorders, like a sudden, unexpected rash or burning, red or peeling skin (very rare, affects less than 1 user in 10,000).
• An infection with symptoms such as fever and serious deterioration of your general condition, or fever with local infection symptoms such as sore throat/pharynx/ mouth or urinary problems (very rare, affects less than 1 user in 10,000). Other possible side effects:
Common (affects 1 to 10 users in 100)
• Feeling dizzy or light-headed, especially if you stand up quickly.
• A dry cough that does not go away.
• Being sick (vomiting).
• Kidney problems (shown in a blood test).
Uncommon (affects 1 to 10 users in 1,000)
• Mood changes.
• Change of colour in your fingers or toes (pale blue followed by redness) or numbness or tingling in your fingers or toes.
• Changes in the way things taste.
• Feeling sleepy.
• Spinning feeling (vertigo).
• Having difficulty sleeping.
• Fast heart beat.
• Runny nose.
• Feeling sick (nausea).
• Stomach pain or indigestion.
• Skin rash or itching.
• Being unable to get an erection (impotence).
• Feeling tired or feeling weak (loss of strength).
• A very big drop in blood pressure may happen in people with the following conditions: coronary heart disease; narrowing of the aorta (a heart artery), kidney artery or heart valves; an increase in the thickness of the heart muscle. If this happens to you, you may feel dizzy or light-headed, especially if you stand up quickly.
• Changes in blood tests that show how well your liver and kidneys are working.
• Heart attack.
• Seen and/or heard hallucinations.
Rare (affects 1 to 10 users in 10,000)
• Feeling confused.
• A lumpy rash (hives).
• Dry mouth.
• Hair loss.
• Psoriasis (a skin problem).
• Changes in the way things smell
• Development of breasts in men.
• Changes to some of the cells or other parts of your blood. Your doctor may take blood samples from time to time to check whether Lisinopril has had any effect on your blood. The signs may include feeling tired, pale skin, a sore throat, high temperature (fever), joint and muscle pains, swelling of the joints or glands, or sensitivity to sunlight.
• Sudden renal failure.
• Low levels of sodium in your blood (the symptoms may be tiredness, headache, nausea, vomiting)
Very rare (affect less than 1 user in 10,000)
• Sinusitis (a feeling of pain and fullness behind your cheeks and eyes).
• Low levels of sugar in your blood (hypoglycaemia). The signs may include feeling hungry or weak, sweating and a fast heart beat.
• Inflammation of the lungs. The signs include cough, feeling short of breath and high temperature (fever).
• Yellowing of the skin or the whites of the eyes (jaundice).
• Inflammation of the liver. This can cause loss of appetite, yellowing of the skin and eyes, and dark coloured urine.
• Inflammation of the pancreas. This causes moderate to severe pain in the stomach.
• Severe skin disorders. The symptoms include redness, blistering and peeling.
• Passing less water (urine) than normal or passing no water.
• Liver failure.
• Inflamed gut.
Not known (frequency cannot be estimated from available data)
• Symptoms of depression.
• Fainting. Side effects in children appear to be comparable to those seen in adults.
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via Yellow Card Scheme Website: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
How to Store Prinivil
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children. This medicinal product does not require any special storage conditions. Store in the original package in order to protect from moisture. Do not use this medicine after the expiry date, which is stated on the carton after ‘EXP’. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month. Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment.
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantees
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
Your Trusted Pharmacy Referral Service
Medix Pharmacy is an international pharmacy referral service. With a network of licensed pharmacy partners in Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, we are able to help you lower the costs of your medications.
Our pharmacy partners are all thoroughly vetted and qualified to ensure that the medication you receive is cost effective, safe and effective. Because we only work with licensed pharmacies, you can rest assured that your medication is safe, effective, and genuine.
- Free standard delivery to your door, to any international address
- Option to add Tracked Deliveries
- Handy reminders to re-order so you do not run out
- Professional & Knowledgeable Customer Services Team
- Save time, with no need for repeated trips to your physician or local drugstore
With a dedicated customer service team, free standard shipping, and a record of providing significant saving for our customers, we believe that you do not need to compromise quality or safety in your search for value.