Brand Name Choices
No generic medication is available for Razadyne (Galantamine Hydrobromide)
What Razadyne is and what it is used for
Reminyl contains the active substance ‘galantamine’, an antidementia medicine. It is used in adults to treat the symptoms of mild to moderately severe Alzheimer’s disease, a type of dementia that alters brain function. Alzheimer’s disease causes increasing memory loss, confusion and behavioural changes which make it increasingly difficult to carry out normal daily activities. These effects are thought to be caused by a lack of ‘acetylcholine’, a substance responsible for sending messages between brain cells. Reminyl increases the amount of acetylcholine in the brain and treats the signs of the disease.
How to take Razadyne
Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure. How much to take You will start treatment with Reminyl at a low dose. The usual starting dose is 4mg (1ml of solution), taken twice a day (a total of 8mg a day). Your doctor may gradually increase your dose, every 4 weeks or more, until you reach a dose that is suitable for you. The maximum dose is 12mg (3ml of solution), taken twice a day (a total of 24 mg a day). Your doctor will explain what dose to start with and when the dose should be increased. If you are not sure what to do, or find the effect of Reminyl is too strong or too weak, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. Your doctor will need to see you regularly, to check that this medicine is working and to discuss how you are feeling. If you have liver or kidney problems, your doctor may give you a reduced dose of Reminyl, or may decide this medicine is not suitable for you. How to take Take your dose of Reminyl twice a day, in the morning and evening, with water or other liquids. Try to take Reminyl with food. Drink plenty of liquids while you are taking Reminyl, to keep yourself hydrated. The solution comes with a pipette which you should use to take the exact amount needed from the bottle. Directions for opening the bottle and using the pipette Fig. 1: The bottle comes with a childresistant cap, and should be opened as follows:
•Push the plastic screw cap down while turning it counter clockwise.
•Remove the unscrewed cap. Fig. 2: Insert the pipette into the bottle. While holding the bottom ring, pull the top ring up to the mark corresponding to the number of millilitres you want to give. Fig. 3: Holding the bottom ring, remove the entire pipette from the bottle. Empty the pipette into any nonalcoholic drink by sliding the upper ring down and drink it immediately. Close the bottle. Rinse the pipette with some water. If you take more Reminyl than you should If you take too much Reminyl, contact a doctor or hospital straight away. Take any remaining solution and the packaging with you. The signs of overdose may include:
• severe nausea and vomiting,
• weak muscle, slow heart beat, fits (seizures) and loss of consciousness. If you forget to take Reminyl If you forget to take one dose, miss out the forgotten dose completely and take the next dose at the normal time. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose. If you forget to take more than one dose, contact your doctor. If you stop taking Reminyl Check with your doctor before you stop taking Reminyl. It is important to continue taking this medicine to treat your condition. If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Look out for serious side effects Stop taking Reminyl and see a doctor or go to your nearest emergency department immediately if you notice any of the following. Skin reactions, including:
• Severe rash with blisters and peeling skin, particularly around the mouth, nose, eyes and genitals (Stevens-Johnson syndrome).
• Red rash covered with small pus-filled bumps that can spread over the body, sometimes with a fever (acute generalized exanthematous pustulosis).
• Rash that may blister, with spots that look like small targets. These skin reactions are rare in people taking Reminyl (may affect up to 1 in 1,000 people). Heart problems, including changes in heart beat (such as a slow beat, extra beats) or palpitations (heart beat feels fast or uneven). Heart problems may show as an abnormal tracing on an ‘electrocardiogram’ (ECG), and can be common in people taking Reminyl (may affect up to 1 in 10 people). Fits (seizures). These are uncommon in people taking Reminyl (may affect up to 1 in 100 people). You must stop taking Reminyl and get help immediately if you notice any of the side effects above.
Other side effects Very
Common side effects (may affects up to 1 in 10 people)
• Nausea and vomiting. These side effects are more likely to happen in the first few weeks of treatment or when the dose is increased. They tend to disappear gradually as the body gets used to the medicine and generally only last for a few days. If you have these effects, your doctor may recommend that you drink more liquids and, may prescribe a medicine to stop you being sick.
Common side effects (may affect more than 1 in 10 people):
• Decreased appetite; Weight loss
• Seeing, feeling, or hearing things that are not there (Hallucinations)
• Feeling dizzy or fainting
• Muscle tremors or spasms
• Feeling very tired ,weak or generally unwell
• Feeling very sleepy with low energy
• High blood pressure
• Stomach pain or discomfort
Uncommon side effects (may affect up to 1 in 100 people)
• Allergic reaction
• Not enough water in the body (dehydration)
• Tingling or numb feeling of the skin (pins and needles)
• Change in sense of taste
• Daytime sleepiness
• Blurred vision
• Ringing in the ear that does not go away (tinnitus)
• Low blood pressure
• Feeling the need to vomit (retch)
• Excessive sweating
• Weak muscle
• Increased level of lever enzymes
Rare side effects (may affect up to 1 in 1,000 people
• Inflammation liver (hepatitis).
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly (see details below). By reporting side effects you help provide more information on the safety of this medicine. Ireland HPRA Pharmacovigilance Earlsfort Terrace IRL
•Dublin 2 Tel: +353 1 6764971 Fax: +353 1 6762517 Website: www.hpra.ie e-mail: [email protected] United Kingdom Yellow Card Scheme Website: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard
How to Store Razadyne
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children. Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the label after EXP. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month. Do not freeze. Reminyl oral solution should not be used for longer than 3 months after the bottle has first been opened. Do not throw away any medicine via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment.
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantee
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
Your Trusted Pharmacy Referral Service
Medix Pharmacy is an international pharmacy referral service. With a network of licensed pharmacy partners in Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, we are able to help you lower the costs of your medications.
Our pharmacy partners are all thoroughly vetted and qualified to ensure that the medication you receive is cost effective, safe and effective. Because we only work with licensed pharmacies, you can rest assured that your medication is safe, effective, and genuine.
- Free standard delivery to your door, to any international address
- Option to add Tracked Deliveries
- Handy reminders to re-order so you do not run out
- Professional & Knowledgeable Customer Services Team
- Save time, with no need for repeated trips to your physician or local drugstore
With a dedicated customer service team, free standard shipping, and a record of providing significant saving for our customers, we believe that you do not need to compromise quality or safety in your search for value.