Brand Name Choices
What Relpax is and what it is used for
Relpax contains the active substance eletriptan. Relpax is one of a group of medicines called serotonin receptor agonists. Serotonin is a natural substance found in the brain that helps to narrow the blood vessels. Relpax can be used to treat migraine headache with or without aura in adults. Before the start of a migraine headache, you may experience a phase called an aura, which can involve vision disorders, numbness and speech disorders.
How to take Relpax
Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. Check with your doctor or
pharmacist if you are not sure.
Your medicine can be taken at any time after the start of the migraine headache, but it is best to
take it as soon as possible. However you should only take Relpax during the headache phase
of the migraine. You should not take this medicine to prevent a migraine attack.
• The usual starting dose is one 40 mg tablet.
• Swallow each tablet whole with a drink of water.
• If the first tablet does not relieve your migraine, do not take a second tablet for the same attack.
• If after a first tablet your migraine is relieved and then comes back, you may take a second tablet. However, after taking the first tablet you must wait at least 2 hours before taking the second tablet.
• You should not take more than 80 mg (2 x 40 mg tablets) within 24 hours.
• If you find that a dose of one 40 mg tablet does not relieve your migraines, tell your doctor – he or she may decide to increase the dose to two 40 mg tablets for future attacks. Use in children and adolescents under 18 years Relpax tablets are not recommended for children and adolescents under 18 years of age. Elderly Relpax tablets are not recommended for patients over 65 years of age. Kidney Impairment This medicine can be used in patients with mild or moderate kidney problems. In these patients a starting dose of 20 mg is recommended, and the total daily dose should not be more than 40 mg. Your doctor will tell you what dose to take. Liver Impairment This medicine can be used in patients with mild or moderate liver problems. No dose adjustment is required for mild or moderate liver impairment. If you take more Relpax than you should If you accidentally take too much Relpax, contact your doctor at once or go to the nearest hospital casualty department. Always take the labelled medicine package with you, whether there is any medicine left or not. Side effects from taking too much Relpax include high blood pressure and heart problems. If you forget to take Relpax If you forget to take a dose, take it as soon as you remember unless it is time for your next dose. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose. If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Tell your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following symptoms after taking
• Sudden wheeziness, difficulty in breathing, swelling of eyelids, face or lips, rash or itching (especially affecting the whole body) as this may be a sign of a hypersensitivity reaction.
• Chest pain and tightness, which may be intense and involve the throat. These may be symptoms of problems of the blood circulation of the heart (Ischaemic heart disease).
• Signs and symptoms of serotonin syndrome which may include restlessness, hallucinations, loss of co-ordination, fast heart beat, increase body temperature, fast changes in blood pressure and overactive reflexes. Other side-effects that may occur are:
Common (may affect up to 1 in 10 people)
• Chest pain or tightness or pressure, Heart palpitations, Increased heart rate
• Dizziness, Sensation of spinning or whirling (Vertigo), Headache, Feeling sleepy, Reduced sense of touch or pain
• Sore throat, Throat tightness, Dry mouth
• Abdominal and stomach pain, Indigestion (upset stomach), Nausea (sensation of unease and discomfort in stomach or abdomen with an urge to vomit)
• Stiffness (Increased muscle tone), Muscle weakness, Back pain, Muscle pain
• Generally feeling weak, Feeling hot, Chills, Runny nose, Sweating, Tingling or abnormal sensation, Flushing, Pain
Uncommon (may affect up to 1 in 100 people)
• Difficulty breathing, Yawning
• Swelling of the face or hands and feet, Inflammation or infection of the tongue, Skin rash, Itching
• Increased sense of touch or pain (Hyperaesthesia), Loss of co-ordination, Slow or reduced movement, Tremor, Slurred speech
• Not feeling one self (Depersonalisation), Depression, Thinking strangely, Feeling agitated, Feeling confused, Mood swings (Euphoria), Periods of unresponsiveness (Stupor), General feeling of discomfort, Illness or lack of well being (Malaise), Sleeplessness (Insomnia)
• Loss of appetite and weight loss (Anorexia), Taste disturbance, Thirst
• Degeneration of the joints (Arthrosis), Bone pain, Joint pain
• Increased need to pass water (urinate), Problems with urinating, Passing excessive quantity of urine, Diarrhoea
• Abnormal vision, Eye pain, Intolerance to light, Dry or watery eyes
• Ear pain, Ringing in the ears (Tinnitus)
• Poor circulation (Peripheral vascular disorder)
Rare (may affect up to 1 in 1,000 people)
• Shock, Asthma, Hives (Urticaria), Skin disorder, Swollen tongue
• Throat or chest infection, Swollen lymph glands
• Slow heart rate
• Emotionally fragile (mood swings)
• Degeneration of joints (Arthritis), Muscle disorder, Twitching
• Constipation, Inflamed gullet, Belching
• Breast Pain, Heavy or prolonged menstrual periods
• Eye infection (Conjunctivitis)
• Changes to voice
Other side effects reported include, fainting, high blood pressure, inflammation of the large intestine, vomiting, brain and blood vessel-related accident, inadequate heart blood flow, heart attack, heart muscle/artery-related spasm. Your doctor may also take regular blood samples to test for raised liver enzymes or any blood problems.
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
How to Store Relpax
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children. Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the pack or bottle. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month. PVC/Aclar/Aluminium blister packs: There are no special storage instructions. HDPE bottles: Keep the tablets in their original container. Keep the container tightly closed when not in use to protect from moisture. Do not throw away any medicine via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help to protect the environment.
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantee
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
Your Trusted Pharmacy Referral Service
Medix Pharmacy is an international pharmacy referral service. With a network of licensed pharmacy partners in Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, we are able to help you lower the costs of your medications.
Our pharmacy partners are all thoroughly vetted and qualified to ensure that the medication you receive is cost effective, safe and effective. Because we only work with licensed pharmacies, you can rest assured that your medication is safe, effective, and genuine.
- Free standard delivery to your door, to any international address
- Option to add Tracked Deliveries
- Handy reminders to re-order so you do not run out
- Professional & Knowledgeable Customer Services Team
- Save time, with no need for repeated trips to your physician or local drugstore
With a dedicated customer service team, free standard shipping, and a record of providing significant saving for our customers, we believe that you do not need to compromise quality or safety in your search for value.