Brand Name Choices
What Rilutek is and what it is used for
What RILUTEK is The active substance in RILUTEK is riluzole which acts on the nervous system. What RILUTEK is used for RILUTEK is used in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). ALS is a form of motor neurone disease where attacks of the nerve cells responsible for sending instructions to the muscles lead to weakness, muscle waste and paralysis. The destruction of nerve cells in motor neurone disease may be caused by too much glutamate (a chemical messenger) in the brain and spinal cord. RILUTEK stops the release of glutamate and this may help in preventing the nerve cells being damaged. Please consult your doctor for more information about ALS and the reason why this medicine has been prescribed for you
How to take Rilutek
Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure. The recommended dose is one tablet, twice a day. The tablets should be taken by mouth, every 12 hours, at the same time of the day each day (e.g. in the morning and evening). If you take more RILUTEK than you should If you take too many tablets, contact your doctor or the nearest hospital emergency department immediately. If you forget to take RILUTEK If you forget to take your tablet, leave out that dose completely and take the next tablet at the usual time. Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten tablet. If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Tell your doctor immediately
• if you experience any fever (increase in temperature) because RILUTEK may cause a decrease in the number of white blood cells. Your doctor may want to take a blood sample to check the number of white blood cells, which are important in fighting infections. créé le par modifié le par 16/02/2015 E Wasczczyk 18/02/2015 E Wasczczyk Sanofi Grande Bretagne/Irlande Laboratoires Pays Couleur Nbre/Réf. Version N° Type Article Nom du produit Référence article Dosage Quantité N° version Logo/Name N° version Country Ex. N° plan Dimensionnel N° plan positionnement Dimensions Taille mini caractères Code sécurité 774580 SCV A2
•05/2012 1-606062 606062-1d 150 x 210 mm 9 pts 2 Notice double Rilutek R774580 50 mg cprs 1 Bleu Reflex Blue U COMPIÈGNE Numéro de pages 3/4 3
• if you experience any of the following symptoms: yellowing of your skin or the white of your eyes (jaundice), itching all over, feeling sick, being sick, as this may be signs of liver disease (hepatitis). Your doctor may do regular blood tests while you are taking RILUTEK to make sure that this does not occur.
• if you experience cough or difficulties in breathing, as this may be a sign of lung disease (called interstitial lung disease).
Other side effects
Very common side effects (may affect more than 1 in 10 people) of RILUTEK are:
• feeling sick
• increased blood levels of some enzymes of the liver (transaminases).
Common side effects (may affect up to 1 in 10 people) of RILUTEK are:
• numbness or tingling of the mouth
• increase in heart beat
• abdominal pain
Uncommon side effects (may affect up to 1 in 100 people) of RILUTEK are:
• allergic reactions
• inflammation of the pancreas (pancreatitis).
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. United Kingdom You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard Ireland You can also report side effects directly via IMB Pharmacovigilance, Earlsfort Terrace, IRL
•Dublin 2; Tel: +353 1 6764971; Fax: +353 1 6762517. Website: www.hpra.ie; e-mail: [email protected] By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine
How to Store Rilutek
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children. Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the carton and the blister after EXP. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month. This medicine does not require any special storage conditions.
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantee
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
Your Trusted Pharmacy Referral Service
Medix Pharmacy is an international pharmacy referral service. With a network of licensed pharmacy partners in Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, we are able to help you lower the costs of your medications.
Our pharmacy partners are all thoroughly vetted and qualified to ensure that the medication you receive is cost effective, safe and effective. Because we only work with licensed pharmacies, you can rest assured that your medication is safe, effective, and genuine.
- Free standard delivery to your door, to any international address
- Option to add Tracked Deliveries
- Handy reminders to re-order so you do not run out
- Professional & Knowledgeable Customer Services Team
- Save time, with no need for repeated trips to your physician or local drugstore
With a dedicated customer service team, free standard shipping, and a record of providing significant saving for our customers, we believe that you do not need to compromise quality or safety in your search for value.