Brand Name Choices
What Valisone Ointment is and what it is used for
Audavate contains a medicine called betamethasone valerate. It belongs to a group of medicines called steroids. It helps to reduce swelling and irritation. Audavate is used to help reduce the redness and itchiness of certain skin problems. These skin problems include eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis.
How to take Valisone Ointment
Always use this medicine exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure. Using this medicine
• You usually apply Audavate 1 to 3 times a day. This may be reduced as your skin begins to get better, or stopped when it is better.
• This ointment is for use on your skin only.
• Do not use more than the amount prescribed for you.
• Do not use on large areas of the body for a long time (such as every day for many weeks or months), unless your doctor tells you to.
• The germs that cause infections like warm and moist conditions under bandages or dressings, so always clean the skin before a fresh dressing is put on.
• If you are applying the ointment on someone else make sure you wash your hands after use or wear disposable plastic gloves.
• If your skin problem does not improve in 2 to 4 weeks, talk to your doctor. Guidance on how to apply the ointment 1. Wash your hands. 2.Gently rub the correct amount of ointment into the skin until it has all disappeared. You can measure how much Audavate to use with your fingertip.This picture shows one fingertip unit. 3.Unless you are meant to apply the ointment to your hands as a part of the treatment, wash them again after using the ointment. For an adult: You should find that:
• two fingertips of ointment will cover both hands or one foot
• three fingertips of ointment will cover one arm
• six fingertips of ointment will cover one leg
• fourteen fingertips of ointment will cover the front and back of the body. Do not worry if you find you need a little more or a little less than this. It is only a rough guide. For a child:
• Do not use it on children under 1 years of age.
• The smaller the child the less you will need to use.
• A child of 4 years needs about a third of the adult amount.
• A course of treatment for a child should not normally last more than 5 days
•unless your doctor has told you to use it for longer.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Stop using Audavate and tell your doctor as soon as possible if:
• you develop a generalized rash on your skin
• you find that your skin problem gets worse or become swollen during treatment. You may be allergic to the ointment, have an infection or need other treatment.
• you have psoriasis you may get raised bumps with pus under the skin. This can happen very rarely during or after treatment and is known as pustular psoriasis.
Other side effects you may notice when using Audavate include:
Common (may affect up to 1 in 10 people)
• A feeling of burning, pain, irritation or itching where the ointment is applied. Very
Rare (may affect up to 1 in 10,000 people)
• An increased risk of infection
• An allergic skin reaction
• Rash, itchy bumpy skin or redness of the skin
• Thinning and dryness of your skin and it may also damage or wrinkle more easily
• Stretch marks may develop.
• Veins under the surface of your skin may become more noticeable.
• Increased hair growth or reduction in hair growth or hair loss and changes in skin colour.
• Thinning of your skin that may also damage more easily.
• Weight gain, rounding of the face and high blood pressure. These are more likely to happen in infants and children.
• Bones can become thin, weak and break easily
• Cloudy lens in the eye (cataract) or increased pressure in eye (glaucoma)
• Increased blood sugar levels or sugar in the urine
• High blood pressure
• Slow growth in children
Not known (frequency cannot be estimated from the available data):
• Blurred vision
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the yellow card scheme at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
How to Store Valisone Ointment
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children. Do not store above 30 °C. Once opened, do not use this medicine for more than 3 months. Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the tube or carton. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month. Do not throw away medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantee
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
Your Trusted Pharmacy Referral Service
Medix Pharmacy is an international pharmacy referral service. With a network of licensed pharmacy partners in Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, we are able to help you lower the costs of your medications.
Our pharmacy partners are all thoroughly vetted and qualified to ensure that the medication you receive is cost effective, safe and effective. Because we only work with licensed pharmacies, you can rest assured that your medication is safe, effective, and genuine.
- Free standard delivery to your door, to any international address
- Option to add Tracked Deliveries
- Handy reminders to re-order so you do not run out
- Professional & Knowledgeable Customer Services Team
- Save time, with no need for repeated trips to your physician or local drugstore
With a dedicated customer service team, free standard shipping, and a record of providing significant saving for our customers, we believe that you do not need to compromise quality or safety in your search for value.