Valisone Scalp Lotion
Brand Name Choices
What Valisone Scalp Lotion is and what it is used for
Betnovate Scalp Application (called ‘Betnovate’ in this leaflet) contains a medicine called betamethasone valerate. It belongs to a group of medicines called steroids that help to reduce swelling and irritation. Betnovate is used to help reduce the redness and itchiness of certain scalp problems, such as psoriasis and dermatitis.
How to take Valisone Scalp Lotion
Always use this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure. Using this medicine
• You usually put Betnovate on your scalp in the morning and at night. This may be reduced as your scalp problem begins to get better.
• Do not use Betnovate more often than prescribed.
• Do not use it for a long time (such as every day for many weeks or months)
•unless your doctor tells you to.
• Be very careful not to get the liquid in your eyes. Do not touch your eyes until you have washed your hands.
• If you wash or shampoo your hair it should be dried before applying the liquid.
• If you are applying Betnovate on someone else make sure you wash your hands after use or wear disposable plastic gloves.
• Do not dry your hair with a hairdryer.
• This product is flammable. Keep the liquid away from open fires and flames and all sources of ignition including smoking during application and immediately after use. Guidance on how to apply the liquid 1 Wash your hands. 2 Unscrew the bottle cap and place the nozzle on the scalp that needs treating. 3 Gently squeeze the bottle to cover the area with a thin and even layer of liquid. 4 You can rub this liquid in, but you don’t have to. 5 Your scalp will feel cool until the liquid has dried. 6 Wash your hands again. 7 It is important not to exceed the prescribed amount.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Stop using Betnovate and tell your doctor immediately if:
• you find that your skin condition gets worse, you develop a generalised rash or your skin becomes swollen during treatment. You may be allergic to Betnovate, have an infection or need other treatment.
• you have psoriasis and get raised bumps with pus under the skin. This can happen very rarely during or after treatment and is known as pustular psoriasis.
Other side effects you may notice when using Betnovate include:
Common (may affect up to 1 in 10 people)
• a feeling of burning, pain, irritation or itching where the liquid is applied.
Very rare (may affect up to 1 in 10,000 people)
• an increased risk of infection
• an allergic skin reaction where the liquid is applied
• rash, itchy bumpy skin or redness of the skin
• thinning and dryness of your skin and it may also damage or wrinkle more easily
• stretch marks may develop
• veins under the surface of your skin may become more noticeable
• an increase or reduction in hair growth or hair loss and changes in skin colour
• weight gain, rounding of the face
• delayed weight gain or slowing of growth in children
• bones can become thin, weak and break easily
• cloudy lens in the eye (cataract) or increased pressure in eye (glaucoma)
• increased blood sugar levels or sugar in the urine
• high blood pressure
How to Store Valisone Scalp Lotion
Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
• Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the bottle label or carton after (Exp). The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
• Do not store above 25°C.
• Keep the container tightly closed when not in use. Contents are flammable. Keep Betnovate Scalp Application away from all sources of fire, flame and heat.
• Do not leave Betnovate Scalp Application in direct sunlight.
• Do not throw away medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment.
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantee
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
Your Trusted Pharmacy Referral Service
Medix Pharmacy is an international pharmacy referral service. With a network of licensed pharmacy partners in Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, we are able to help you lower the costs of your medications.
Our pharmacy partners are all thoroughly vetted and qualified to ensure that the medication you receive is cost effective, safe and effective. Because we only work with licensed pharmacies, you can rest assured that your medication is safe, effective, and genuine.
- Free standard delivery to your door, to any international address
- Option to add Tracked Deliveries
- Handy reminders to re-order so you do not run out
- Professional & Knowledgeable Customer Services Team
- Save time, with no need for repeated trips to your physician or local drugstore
With a dedicated customer service team, free standard shipping, and a record of providing significant saving for our customers, we believe that you do not need to compromise quality or safety in your search for value.