Brand Name Choices
What Vaniqa Cream is and what it is used for
Vaniqa contains the active substance eflornithine. Eflornithine slows down the growth of hair through its effect on a specific enzyme (a protein in the body involved in the production of hair). Vaniqa is used to reduce the growth of excessive hair (Hirsutism) on the face of women older than 18 years of age.
How to take Vaniqa Cream
Always use this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if
you are not sure.
• Use twice a day, at least 8 hours apart.
• If you experience irritation (e.g. stinging burning), reduce the use of Vaniqa to once daily until the irritation has gone. If it persists contact your doctor.
• If you have just shaved or used any other hair removal method, wait at least 5 minutes before using Vaniqa. It may sting or burn if you put this cream on cut or irritated skin.
• Clean and dry the areas of the skin where you will be using the cream.
• Apply a thin layer of cream and rub it in thoroughly until no visual residual product remains on the treated areas.
• If possible, do not wash these areas of skin for 4 hours after applying the cream
• Wash your hands after applying the cream.
• Wait at least 5 minutes before using make-up or sunscreen on the same areas.
• When using on the face, avoid contact with your eyes or the inside of your nose or mouth. If you should accidentally get Vaniqa into your eyes, mouth or nose, rinse well with water. Vaniqa is not a depilatory cream, so you may need to continue with your hair removal method, for example by shaving or plucking. It may take 8 weeks before you see results. It is important to continue using the cream. If you do not see any improvement after using it for 4 months contact your doctor. If you stop using it your original hair growth may return within 8 weeks. 3 If you use more Vaniqa than you should If you put too much cream on your skin, it is unlikely to harm you. If you or anyone else accidentally swallows Vaniqa, contact your doctor immediately. If you forget to use Vaniqa Apply straight away, but wait at least 8 hours before using it again. If you stop using Vaniqa To maintain the reduction of hair growth keep using Vaniqa continuously as indicated. If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Side effects are usually limited to the skin and mild in intensity. In such cases they normally resolve
without discontinuation of Vaniqa.
The frequency of possible side effects listed below is defined using the following convention:
very common (affects more than 1 user in 10)
common (affects 1 to 10 users in 100)
uncommon (affects 1 to 10 users in 1,000)
rare (affects 1 to 10 users in 10,000)
very rare (affects less than 1 user in 10,000)
not known (frequency cannot be estimated from the available data).
Very common (affects more than 1 user in 10) o acne
Common (affects 1 to 10 users in 100) o dry skin o hair loss o inflammation around the hair shaft o itching o rash o redness o skin irritation and bumps caused by shaving o skin irritation o stinging, tingling or burning feeling on the skin
Uncommon (affects 1 to 10 users in 1,000) o bumpy rash (papular rash) o cold sores o redness and irritation at the site where the cream is applied o eczema o inflammed, dry, cracked or numb lips o ingrowing hairs o pale areas on the skin 4 o skin bleeding o skin boils o skin flushing o skin inflammation o sore skin o swelling of the mouth or face o unusual hair texture or hair growth
Rare (affects 1 to 10 users in 10,000) o abnormal skin growth (skin neoplasm) o excessive hair growth o flushing, facial redness and pimples possibly with pus o other skin disorders o red, scaly and itchy skin inflammation (seborrhoeic dermatitis) o red, bumpy or blistering rash o skin cysts o skin tightness
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via (see details below) United Kingdom Yellow Card Scheme, Website: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard or search for MHRA Yellow Card in the Google Play or Apple App Store. Ireland HPRA Pharmacovigilance, Earlsfort Terrace, IRL
•Dublin 2, Tel: +353 1 6764971, Fax: +353 1 6762517, Website: www.hpra.ie, e-mail: [email protected] By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine
How to Store Vaniqa Cream
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children. Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the box and on the bottom of the tube after EXP. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month. Discard the opened tube with any remaining cream after 6 months. Make sure the cap of the tube is tightly closed after each use. Do not store above 25°C. Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment.
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantee
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
Your Trusted Pharmacy Referral Service
Medix Pharmacy is an international pharmacy referral service. With a network of licensed pharmacy partners in Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, we are able to help you lower the costs of your medications.
Our pharmacy partners are all thoroughly vetted and qualified to ensure that the medication you receive is cost effective, safe and effective. Because we only work with licensed pharmacies, you can rest assured that your medication is safe, effective, and genuine.
- Free standard delivery to your door, to any international address
- Option to add Tracked Deliveries
- Handy reminders to re-order so you do not run out
- Professional & Knowledgeable Customer Services Team
- Save time, with no need for repeated trips to your physician or local drugstore
With a dedicated customer service team, free standard shipping, and a record of providing significant saving for our customers, we believe that you do not need to compromise quality or safety in your search for value.