Brand Name Choices
No generic medication is available for Vectical Ointment (Calcitriol)
What Vectical Ointment is and what it is used for
Silkis is used for the topical treatment of mild to moderately severe plaque psoriasis with up to one third of body surface area involvement. It contains an active ingredient, calcitriol (a vitamin D derivate), which inhibits and normalizes the unrestrained cell growth in psoriasis affected skin
How to take Vectical Ointment
Silkis is an ointment for use on the skin only (cutaneous). Always use this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure. Dosage instructions
•First wash and dry the affected areas of your skin.
•Apply a thin layer of Silkis over the affected areas to be treated twice a day, morning and evening before retiring, or as advised by your doctor. Package leaflet: Information for the user P22842-9
•Wash your hands after each application in order to avoid any contact with other non lesional areas.
•Do not use more than 30 g of ointment per day and do not cover more than one third of your skin area (approximately one full arm and one full leg). Do not swallow this product. If you accidentally do so, seek immediate medical advice. Regularly follow your treatment, according strictly to your doctor’s instructions. If you feel that the effect of this medicine is too strong or too weak, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. If you use more Silkis than you should:
• If the product is applied excessively, no more rapid or better results will be obtained and marked redness, peeling or discomfort may occur.
• Always contact your physician to hear whether treatment or discontinuation is necessary if too much Silkis is used.
• Hypotonia (decreased tension in muscles), nausea, vomiting, lack of appetite, constipation and depression may occur after using too much calcitriol. Therefore, contact your physician if these symptoms appear. If you forget to use Silkis: Do not apply a double dose to make up for forgotten individual doses
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. In case of severe irritation or contact allergy (redness, itching), the treatment should be stopped and the patient should seek medical attention. If contact allergy is confirmed, the treatment should be discontinued. This medicine may cause some unwanted effects at the site of application:
Common (may affect up to 1 in 10 people)
•pruritus (itching skin)
•erythema (skin redness)
Uncommon (may affect up to 1 in 100 people)
Not known (frequency cannot be estimated from the available data)
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. This includes any possible side effect not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly (see details below). By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine. United Kingdom Yellow Card Scheme Website: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard Ireland Pharmacovigilance Section Irish Medicines Board Kevin O’Malley House Earlsfort Centre Earlsfort Terrace IRL
•Dublin 2 Tel: +353 1 6764971 Fax: +353 1 6762517 Website: www.imb.ie e-mail: [email protected]
How to Store Vectical Ointment
Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
• Discard the tube 8 weeks after first opening.
• Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the carton after Exp. date. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
• No special precautions for storage. Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help to protect the environment.
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantee
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
Your Trusted Pharmacy Referral Service
Medix Pharmacy is an international pharmacy referral service. With a network of licensed pharmacy partners in Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, we are able to help you lower the costs of your medications.
Our pharmacy partners are all thoroughly vetted and qualified to ensure that the medication you receive is cost effective, safe and effective. Because we only work with licensed pharmacies, you can rest assured that your medication is safe, effective, and genuine.
- Free standard delivery to your door, to any international address
- Option to add Tracked Deliveries
- Handy reminders to re-order so you do not run out
- Professional & Knowledgeable Customer Services Team
- Save time, with no need for repeated trips to your physician or local drugstore
With a dedicated customer service team, free standard shipping, and a record of providing significant saving for our customers, we believe that you do not need to compromise quality or safety in your search for value.