(Albuterol (Salbutamol) Sulfate)
Brand Name Choices
No generic medication is available for Ventolin Nebules (Albuterol (Salbutamol) Sulfate)
What Ventolin Nebules is and what it is used for
Ventolin Nebules contain a medicine called salbutamol. This belongs to a group of
medicines called fast-acting bronchodilators.
• Bronchodilators help the airways in your lungs to stay open. This makes it easier for air to get in and out.
• They help to relieve chest tightness, wheezing and cough. Ventolin Nebules are used to treat breathing problems in people with asthma and other chest illnesses. They are usually given to people who suffer quite badly from these conditions when other forms of treatment do not help enough. Ventolin Nebules are also given to treat severe attacks of asthma. A Nebule® is a small plastic container that contains a liquid. The liquid is put into a machine called a nebuliser. This machine makes a fine mist for you to breathe in through a face mask. 2 What you need to know before you
How to take Ventolin Nebules
Always use this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. Check with your doctor, nurse
or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Using this medicine
• do not inject or swallow the liquid. Ventolin Nebules should only be inhaled using your nebuliser
• do not let the liquid, or the mist produced by the nebuliser get into your eyes. You can wear glasses or goggles to protect them
• your doctor, nurse or pharmacist should show you how to use your medicine
• each small plastic container (Nebule) contains some liquid
• the liquid is put into a nebuliser. This makes a fine mist for you to breathe in through a face mask or mouthpiece
• use your nebuliser in a well ventilated room as some of the mist will be released into the air and may be breathed in by others. Adults, adolescents aged 12 years and over and children 4 to 11 years of age
• The usual starting dose is 2.5 mg up to four times daily. Increased to 5 mg up to four times daily if required.If dilution is necessary then only sterile normal saline should be used. After use
• use a fresh Nebule for each dose. Only open a new one when you are ready to use it. If there is any liquid left over, throw it away. Do not save it to use again
• throw away any solution remaining in the nebuliser bowl
• clean your nebuliser in the recommended way. If you use more Ventolin Nebules than you should If you use more than you should, talk to a doctor as soon as possible. The following effects may happen:
• your heart beating faster than usual
• you feel shaky.
• hyperactivity These effects usually wear off in a few hours. If you forget to use Ventolin Nebules
• If you forget a dose, take it as soon as you remember it.
• However, if it is time for the next dose, skip the missed dose.
• Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose. If you stop using Ventolin Nebules Do not stop using Ventolin Nebules without talking to your doctor. If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor, nurse or pharmacist. 4 Possible side effects
Possible side effects
If your breathing or wheezing gets worse straight after taking this medicine, stop
using it immediately, and tell your doctor as soon as possible.
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
The following side effects may happen with this medicine: Allergic Reactions (may affect up to 1 in 10,000 people) If you have an allergic reaction, stop taking Ventolin and see a doctor straight away. Signs of an allergic reaction include: swelling of the face, lips, mouth, tongue or throat which may cause difficulty in swallowing or breathing, itchy rash, feeling faint and light headed, and collapse. Talk to your doctor as soon as possible if:
• you feel your heart is beating faster or stronger than usual (palpitations). This is usually harmless, and usually stops after you have used the medicine for a while
• you may feel your heartbeat is uneven or it gives an extra beat
• these may affect up to 1 in 10 people. If any of these happen to you, talk to your doctor as soon as possible. Do not stop using this medicine unless told to do so. Tell your doctor if you have any of the following side effects which may also happen with this medicine:
Common (may affect up to 1 in 10 people)
• feeling shaky
Uncommon (may affect up to 1 in 100 people)
• mouth and throat irritation
• muscle cramps.
Rare (may affect up to 1 in 1,000 people)
• a low level of potassium in your blood
• increased blood flow to your extremities (peripheral dilatation).
Very rare (may affect up to 1 in 10,000 people)
• changes in sleep patterns and changes in behaviour, such as restlessness and excitability.
The following side effects can also happen but the frequency of these are not known:
• chest pain, due to heart problems such as angina. Tell your doctor, nurse or pharmacist if this occurs. Do not stop using this medicine unless told to do so
• a condition known as lactic acidosis which may cause stomach pain, hyperventilation, shortness of breath even though there may be improvement in your wheezing, cold feet and hands, irregular heartbeat or thirst.
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine. If you think this medicine is not working well enough for you If your medicine does not seem to be working as well as usual, talk to your doctor as soon as possible. Your chest problem may be getting worse and you may need a different medicine. Do not take extra Ventolin unless your doctor tells you to.
How to Store Ventolin Nebules
Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
• Do not store above 30°C.
• Store the Nebules in the foil tray inside the carton to protect the Nebules from light.
• When you open a foil tray:
•note the date of opening
•add 3 months to this date. This will be the ‘discard after' date
•write the ‘discard after' date in the space provided on the foil lid
•do not use any unused Ventolin Nebules remaining from that foil tray after the `discard after' date, return them to your pharmacist for destruction.
• If the foil tray has not been opened, do not use Ventolin Nebules after the expiry date, which is stated on the carton, labels and foil trays after ‘EXP’. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
• If you are told to stop taking this medicine return any unused Ventolin Nebules to your pharmacist to be destroyed. Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help to protect the environment.
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantee
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
Your Trusted Pharmacy Referral Service
Medix Pharmacy is an international pharmacy referral service. With a network of licensed pharmacy partners in Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, we are able to help you lower the costs of your medications.
Our pharmacy partners are all thoroughly vetted and qualified to ensure that the medication you receive is cost effective, safe and effective. Because we only work with licensed pharmacies, you can rest assured that your medication is safe, effective, and genuine.
- Free standard delivery to your door, to any international address
- Option to add Tracked Deliveries
- Handy reminders to re-order so you do not run out
- Professional & Knowledgeable Customer Services Team
- Save time, with no need for repeated trips to your physician or local drugstore
With a dedicated customer service team, free standard shipping, and a record of providing significant saving for our customers, we believe that you do not need to compromise quality or safety in your search for value.