Brand Name Choices
No generic medication is available for Vermox (Mebendazole)
What Vermox is and what it is used for
The name of your medicine is Vermox 100 mg tablets (referred to as Vermox tablets in this leaflet). Vermox tablets contain a medicine called mebendazole. It is one of a group of medicines called ‘anthelmintics’. Vermox tablets are used to treat worm infections of the gut such as:
• threadworms (pinworms)
• other common worm infections (such as whipworm, roundworm, hookworm) You or your child has been advised to take Vermox tablets because you have a worm infection. Worms can infect anyone. It does not necessarily mean that your hygiene is poor.
How to take Vermox
Always use Vermox tablets exactly as your doctor has told you. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure. Taking this medicine
• Take this medicine by mouth
• The dose will depend on which type of worm you have
• Crush the tablet before giving it to your child. Always supervise a child if they are taking this medicine
• Chew the tablets or swallow them whole
• You do not need to use a laxative or change your diet How much you should take Adults and children over 2 years old For threadworms (pinworms):
• one tablet A single Vermox tablet will kill threadworms. Your doctor may tell you to take a second tablet after two weeks in case of re-infection. For other common worm infections:
• one tablet two times a day (morning and evening) for three consecutive days or as directed by your doctor. If you take more Vermox tablets than you should If you take more Vermox tablets than you should, talk to a doctor or go to the nearest hospital casualty department straight away. If you forget to take Vermox tablets
• Do not take the missed dose
• Take your next dose at the usual time, and then keep taking your medicine as your doctor has told you
• Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose. If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, Vermox tablets can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Stop using Vermox tablets and tell your doctor straight away if you notice or suspect the following serious side effects. You may need urgent medical treatment.
• Sudden swelling of your face or throat. Hives (also known as nettle rash or urticaria), severe irritation, reddening or blistering of your skin. These may be signs of a severe allergic reaction
• Blistering of your skin, mouth, eyes and genitals
• Fits (convulsions) Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any of the following side effects:
Common (affects less than 1 in 10 people)
• Stomach pain
Uncommon (affects less than 1 in 100 people)
• Stomach discomfort
Rare (affects less than 1 in 1,000 people)
• Inflammation of the liver
• Changes in liver enzymes (shown in blood tests)
• Reduction in white blood cells (shown in blood tests). You may get more infections
• Unusual hair loss
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine. 5. How to store V
How to Store Vermox
Keep out of the reach and sight of children
• Do not use Vermox tablets after the expiry date which is stated on the label. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month
• There are no special storage conditions
• Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. These measures will help protect the environment. Return any leftover Vermox tablets to your pharmacist
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantees
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
Your Trusted Pharmacy Referral Service
Medix Pharmacy is an international pharmacy referral service. With a network of licensed pharmacy partners in Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, we are able to help you lower the costs of your medications.
Our pharmacy partners are all thoroughly vetted and qualified to ensure that the medication you receive is cost effective, safe and effective. Because we only work with licensed pharmacies, you can rest assured that your medication is safe, effective, and genuine.
- Free standard delivery to your door, to any international address
- Option to add Tracked Deliveries
- Handy reminders to re-order so you do not run out
- Professional & Knowledgeable Customer Services Team
- Save time, with no need for repeated trips to your physician or local drugstore
With a dedicated customer service team, free standard shipping, and a record of providing significant saving for our customers, we believe that you do not need to compromise quality or safety in your search for value.