Voltaren Eye Drops(Diclofenac)
Voltaren 0.1%Eye Solution/Drops
Marketed as Voltarol Single Dose Unit in United Kingdom
Voltaren 0.1%Eye Solution/Drops
Marketed as Voltarol in United Kingdom
What Voltaren Eye Drops is and what it is used for
1. What Voltarol Emulgel is and what it is used for
Voltarol Emulgel contains the active substance
diclofenac which belongs to a group of medicines
called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
It is specially formulated for rubbing into the skin
and used to relieve pain and reduce inflammation
and swelling in painful conditions affecting the joints
and muscles. Voltarol Emulgel can be used to treat:
• muscle and joint injuries (e.g. sprains, strains, bruises, backache, sports injuries)
• tendonitis (e.g. tennis elbow)
How to take Voltaren Eye Drops
• Always use Voltarol Emulgel exactly as your doctor has told you.
• The gel is for external use only. Do not use it in your mouth. Inform your doctor immediately in case of accidental swallowing.
• Do not put Voltarol Emulgel in your eyes. If this happens, rinse your eyes well with clean water. See your doctor or pharmacist if any discomfort persists. Adults 1. Take the tube out of the carton: a. For the aluminium tube: Before first use, pierce the sealing membrane of the tube with the spiked top of the cap. Do not use if seal is broken Voltarol ® 1.16% Emulgel ® gel Diclofenac diethylammonium Patient Information Leaflet R E C T O 1 2 1 2 1 4 8 10 10 83.6 210 8 pt Helvetica Neue LT Pro A Process Black Order – AWF Reference Format Pharma code Colour Font Minimum font size Reference MKT Production site Reference SITE Pre-press VOLT EMULG 1% 100 G GB_318319A_PIL Sonoco-Trident
•14/03/2017 AWF 27485
•OTDC 457236 XXX 148 x 210 mm Novartis Wehr
•DE XXXXXX Draft
•Recto/Verso Pharma code XXX b. For the laminated tube: Unscrew and remove cap. When using for the first time, reverse the cap, engage with the nozzle, twist and remove the seal from the tube. Do not use if seal is broken. 2. Gently squeeze out a small amount of gel from the tube and apply to the painful or swollen area 3 to 4 times a day, slowly rubbing into the skin. The amount needed will vary depending on the size of the painful or swollen area; an amount ranging in size from a 1 penny to a 2 pence piece will usually be sufficient. You may notice a slight cooling effect when you rub the gel in. 3. Do not rub the gel into cuts, open wounds or any other area where the skin is abnormal. After rubbing the gel into the skin, do not cover with bandages or sticking plaster. 4. Be careful not to get the gel in your eyes. If this happens, rinse your eyes with clean water and tell your doctor. 5. Wash your hands after rubbing in Voltarol Emulgel, unless your hands are the site being treated. Replace the cap. 6. Allow at least four hours between applications of the gel. Do not apply more than 4 times in any 24 hour period. This medicine is not recommended for use in children under 14 years of age. Do not use Voltarol Emulgel for more than:
• 2 weeks for muscle and joints injuries (e.g. sprains, strains, bruises) or tendonitis.
• If you are using the gel for arthritis, your doctor may wish to review your treatment regularly. If symptoms do not improve within this time, or they get worse, consult your doctor. In children aged 14 years and over, if this product is required for more than 7 days for pain relief or if the symptoms worsen the patient/parents of the adolescent is/are advised to consult a doctor. If you use more Voltarol Emulgel than you should If you or a child accidentally swallows Voltarol Emulgel, contact your doctor or accident and emergency department immediately. If you forget to use Voltarol Emulgel If you miss your application of Voltarol Emulgel at the correct time, apply it as soon as you remember then carry on as normal. Do not apply a double quantity to make up for a forgotten application. If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your pharmacist.
Possible side effects
Like all medicines, Voltarol Emulgel can cause side
effects, although not everybody gets them.
Some rare and very rare side effects might be serious
If you experience any of the following signs of allergy,
STOP using Voltarol Emulgel and tell a doctor or
Skin rash with blisters; hives (may affect between
1 and 10 in every 10,000 people).
Wheezing, shortness of breath or feeling of tightness in
the chest (asthma) (may affect less than 1 in every
Swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat (may affect
less than 1 in every 10,000 people).
Other side effects which may occur are usually mild, passing and harmless (if you are concerned, tell a doctor or pharmacist).
Common side effects (may affect between 1 and 10 in every 100 people) Skin rash, itching, reddening or smarting of the skin
Very rare side effects (may affect less than 1 in every 10,000 people) The skin may be more sensitive to the sun. Possible signs are sunburn with itching, swelling and blistering.
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in the package leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
How to Store Voltaren Eye Drops
Keep out of the reach and sight of children. Do not store above 30°C. Do not use Voltarol Emulgel after the expiry date stated on the carton and tube. Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER: All medical content is supplied by a third party company who is independent from this web site. As such, this web site can not guarantee the reliability, accuracy, and /or medical efficacy of the information provided. In all circumstances, you should seek the advice of a health professional pertaining to drug, treatment and/or medical condition advice. Note that not all products are shipped by our contracted Canadian pharmacy. This website contracts with dispensaries around the world that ship products directly to our customers. Some of the jurisdiction include but are not limited to United Kingdom, Europe, Turkey, India, Canada, Vanuatu, Mauritius, and USA. The items within your order may be shipped from any one of these jurisdiction depending on the availability and cost of the products at the time you place your order. The products are sourced from these countries as well as others. Please note that the product appearance may vary from actual product received depending on availability.