Brand Name Choices
What Zantac is and what it is used for
This medicine contains Ranitidine Hydrochloride, which belongs to a group of medicines called histamine H2 antagonists. They work by reducing the amount of acid in your stomach. It can be used to relieve the symptoms of indigestion and heartburn caused by too much acid in the stomach.
How to take Zantac
Check the foil is not broken before use. If it is, do not take that tablet. Age How many to take How often to take it Adults and adolescents of 16 years and over One tablet When you need to, in the day or night. Don’t take more than 2 tablets in 24 hours. Swallow the tablet with a glass of water. Do not give to children and adolescents under 16 years. Do not take more than the amount recommended above. Do not take this medicine continuously for more than 6 days. If your symptoms get worse at any time see your doctor. If your symptoms last for more than 6 days see your doctor. Do not buy a second pack of these tablets without asking for advice from your pharmacist or doctor. ! If you take too many tablets: Go to your nearest hospital casualty department. Take your medicine and this leaflet with you.
Possible side effects
Most people will not have problems, but some may get some.
! If you get any of these serious side effects, stop taking the tablets. See a doctor at
• Difficulty in breathing, swelling of the face, neck, tongue or throat, chest pain, unexplained fever, fainting (severe allergic reactions)
• Fast, slow or irregular heartbeat
• Severe stomach pain (this may be caused by a swollen pancreas) These effects are rare and happen to one person in 1000 to 10,000 who take this medicine. These other effects are less serious. If they bother you talk to a pharmacist:
• Muscle or joint pain
• Unusual bruising, or infections such as sore throats – this may be a sign of very rare changes in the blood
• Confusion, agitation, depression, hallucinations (these happen more often if you are elderly or severely ill)
• Feeling sick, diarrhoea, constipation
• Headache (sometimes severe), dizziness, fatigue and rarely blurred vision
• Skin rash, which can sometimes be severe, itchy skin, hair loss
• Yellowing of the skin or eyes
• Swollen or tender breasts in men
Reporting of side effects If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
How to Store Zantac
Do not store above 25°C. Keep in the original carton and protect from light. Keep this medicine in a safe place out of the sight and reach of children, preferably in a locked cupboard. Use by the date on the end flap of the carton.
2 to 3 weeks on average
The average shipping time is 2 weeks in North America and 4 weeks internationally. We offer free shipping on all orders shipped to North America. Shipping is a flat rate of $20.00 for all other countries.
Price Match Guarantee
If you have been prescribed medication by your doctor and cannot afford the high price at your local pharmacy, Medix Pharmacy is the solution for you. All orders are backed with a price match and satisfaction guarantee.
Your Trusted Pharmacy Referral Service
Medix Pharmacy is an international pharmacy referral service. With a network of licensed pharmacy partners in Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, and New Zealand, we are able to help you lower the costs of your medications.
Our pharmacy partners are all thoroughly vetted and qualified to ensure that the medication you receive is cost effective, safe and effective. Because we only work with licensed pharmacies, you can rest assured that your medication is safe, effective, and genuine.
- Free standard delivery to your door, to any international address
- Option to add Tracked Deliveries
- Handy reminders to re-order so you do not run out
- Professional & Knowledgeable Customer Services Team
- Save time, with no need for repeated trips to your physician or local drugstore
With a dedicated customer service team, free standard shipping, and a record of providing significant saving for our customers, we believe that you do not need to compromise quality or safety in your search for value.